Software for phone backup (free)

Hi friends,

I want a software which can take the backup of my MI Note 7 Pro including youtube videos from its any.

Is suggest a free one....

regards

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Youtube offline videos are in encrypted form so not sure if they can be backed up. As for backing up entire phone you will need to root your phone & then buy titanium backup pro(costs 400). Have you tried xiaomi in built backup tool(only useful though if not changing rom to some custom rom)? @SaiyanGoku may give some other suggestions.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Kya baat hai, no replies

Has'nt anybody ever has connected his phone to PC for backup.
Not since the turn of the decade.. Google photos along with other cloud providers are more than enough for "backups"

Don't think I've connected my phone to a computer at all except charging.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

Youtube downloaded videos of youtube app? Forget those. Add them to your wishlist & get them again later, not via youtube app.

I use Helium to take backup of app+data, has an app for both PC & android, backup is created in phone, just copy it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use Helium to take backup of app+data, has an app for both PC & android, backup is created in phone, just copy it.
I tried Helium before & to me it seems like a kind of hit or miss app. If it works for your phone model then good but if it doesn't then very little chance of making it work.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I haven't used seen any single software solution which can reliably take backup of every app/data and reliably restore them too. Maybe Titanium backup, but not in it's free version.

So what I do is take backup manually this way:
Contacts -> Auto sync to google
Messages > SMS Organizer app
Media files -> Manually copy to PC / Set up One drive sync
Apps -> Make sure every app's sync feature is on. I don't use an app which doesn't sync to some cloud.

You can't backup Youtube downloaded videos, since they are not really in "downloaded form".

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
OAND-BACKUP:
*f-droid.org/en/packages/dk.jens.backup/

TITANIUM BACKUP:
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup

MIGRATE:
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=balti.migrate

SWIFT BACKUP:
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.swiftapps.swiftbackup

PS: all of these backup apps requires root/superuser permission to backup and restore.

Top Bottom