Software for converting Video Cassettes to DVD/CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I have lots of video cassettes stacked up here... Wud like to convert them to CD/DVD to free up space..

What are the requirements for it to be done on the comp?

Tks

swatkat

Technomancer
u can not convert cassettes to CD/DVDs directly using softwares... u need hardware like Capture Card or i-link card (IEEE 1394 port card) or atleast TV Tuner card....These cards convert analog AV signal into Digital signals....

then u can connect ur VCP/VCR to these card's input, and all the cards bundle a Software to record it, u can use those softwares.....

apart from the bundled software, u can also use VirtualDub....

swatkat

Technomancer
u only need to get either TV Tuner card or Capture Card...

TV Tuner cards cost aroun Rs.2000 to Rs.4000/- , and and i dont have idea abt price of Capture Cards.
u can get good quality from good TV Tuner cards like Pinnacle, Aviosys, some of these record directly in mpg format.

i have converted some video cassettes to VCD, picture quality is good, but i have not done it myself, my computer dealer has a Matrox Graphics Card (i dont remember the model, i think it's G 550...) which is an All in One card, it's a Capture Card, Graphics Card, TV Tuner, TV out all bundled in one!!!! it has a very good software and it can also burn CD/DVD. But this cards costs some Rs.12000 or Rs.14000....

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Not in my budget.... I wanna get the latest handset Nokia costs abt 29650, cant spend 12-14....... Is there something lesser than it say 5-8 k?

Dude give me ur dealer num , let me talk to him, to ckeck how wud an pc upgrade cost too .......

Tks....
:)

tuxfan

Technomancer
There are people who can do this for you at a cost of Rs. 90 per CD (i.e. Rs. 270 per cassette). So depending on the number of cassettes, this may be a cheaper option.

Remember, you can't plant and maintain a coconut tree if you want to just occassionally enjoy coconut water ;). It would be cheaper to buy it from the market :)

valtea

In the zone
Get a frontech Tv Tuner Card the price will be around 1200-1500
Thats all if you have a VCR or Camera to play the Video Tape.
Capture the video using the bundled software. Ot use some 3rd party software like
*www.computervideo.net/software.html
Or do some googling ... soem softwares are winvcd,
or try Pinnacle Studio, Ulead Vedio...

With useal video studio, pinnacle, adobe premier you can even edit the video something like applying video filters, transistion... etc..
If you need more help ... ask again.

the best way to have...

Pinnacle AV/DV Video Capture Card [abt Rs.6000/-]
Pinnacle Studio 9 [Bundled with the abobe card.]
IEEE 1394 Firewire cable [Bundled with the abobe card.]

why pay others? buy the card, it would be asset for u.
u can also start ur own bussiness of Vidoe Capturing
& Editing [Pinnacle 9 with Hollywood FX v5.2 is very easy
to operate & rationally cheap too.] of ur local fuctions,
marriage & other ceremonies. It would be a good
part-time bussiness for u :)

...friends_for_all

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Lemme chck out......

Great Idea but i cant work part time , i'm on anoither part time stuff goin on.......

:lol:

swatkat

Technomancer
ask ur comp dealer to know ant any people who do the conversion, it becomes cheap this way....and these people will good dedicated hardware for conversion, too, so u get better quality.....

or u can to buy a good TV tuner card like Pinnacle PC TV Plu or Aviosy TV-EZ and use dedicated capture softwares like Cyberlink PowerVCR to capture the video and record directly in mpeg..softwares like PowerVCR provide many editing, tweaking options too......

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
the guy says usually nobody asks these things , ppl take it directly to some shop and get it done ...............

May be I'm the only one who wants it

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@achack : kurious , what have u recorded in ur video cassettes anyway ? tv programs ? which ones ?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Dude , ur tracking me like some cyber cop....... Smokin'

Lots of music videos , action movies, and other stuff from under ground ... U know what I mean?

I've some of the larry king shows, jay leno shows of some celebrities but 80% of music & stuff

valtea

In the zone
I prefer Adobe Premier to Pinnacle.. since i get to overlay videos. Even ulead video studio have the option of overlaying videos.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
damn !!! i should report u man . Having no cartoons collection is a serious crime ;) . no matter how much mature stuff u have , cartoons always make u smile / laugh . anyone know the number of inspector gadget or robocop ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom