1. Budget?
8-10 K

2. Display type and size?
Atleast 3.2"

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony, Samsung, Nokia, LG

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type)
Touchscreen or touch-n-type

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Front facing cam not required. Flash if possible.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc)
Windows, Android, Symbian

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Wifi. 3G not required.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
GPS is a must

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Mails, Camera, Internet, Heavy calling

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Xperia Tipo, Lumia 510

12. Any other info that you want to share
Want a decently sized phone that WILL LAST! The phone will be for my dad who handles a lot of phone-
calls during the day. Emails, Internet & GPS are a must.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
if you can extend a bit then Lenovo P700i would be a best deal..massive 2500 mAh battery backup..

GSMArena Specs

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
if you can extend a bit then Lenovo P700i would be a best deal..massive 2500 mAh battery backup..

GSMArena Specs

It's a dual sim right? Sorry he's not keen on dual sims. And he'd like to stick to the more reputed handset manufacturers. Thanks though :)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
xperia U, best in class although you will get it without warranty, but since you want in for a year its a good device, with custom rom gives 2 days batter backup on moderate usage.

although if you want to use internet browser, id suggest get a better phone with a larger screen because internet browsing is cumbersome on a 3.5inch 800x480 screen.... maybe extend and get a lumia 810... without warranty, there are many sales these days... last i checked was about 14.5k or so..

EDIT :

checked for lumia 510, its good a 4inch screen so everything should be good and battery is also 1300mah, 1 and a 1/2 days moderate usage should not be a problem. Id suggest you go with this... retailing for 9.5k

Or you could buy a phone of your choice and opt for an extended battery.. The downside is that your phone may become almost double in thickness..

Minion

Conversation Architect
get sony Tipo for 8.5k comes with 1500 mAh battery it will last for 2 days with moderate use.
LINK
Sony Xperia tipo and tipo dual officially launched in India for Rs. 9999 and Rs. 10499

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
It's a dual sim right? Sorry he's not keen on dual sims. And he'd like to stick to the more reputed handset manufacturers. Thanks though :)

U should not compare lenovo with un-reputed companies like karbonn n micromax.. N p700i is definitely way better than tipo or explore or others come under that budget..

Top Bottom