1. Budget?
Trying 15k Max 16k

2. Display type and size?
Preferred 5inch but a slim 5.5 inch would also be fine

3. Dual sim?
Yup

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Decent enough

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
iPhone SE? Any....

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G compatibility for Jio & Airtel ( I've heard Vodafone and idea have different 4G bands?)

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
WhatsApp, Calling

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Thinking about Mi A1, LG Q6 ( man full vision display is quite good and it's small and big display)

10. Any other info that you want to share
Hardware should not be powerful but a nice experience is the main priority.

Many people suggested to get Redmi 4 the best, but I believe everyone has a Redmi nowadays, it's too common, so something different?

I'm considering Mi A1 coz I've have the Redmi experience. Redmi devices of Xiaomi use cheap Chinese parts whereas the Mi devices use good parts like display is Made by Sharp,Jdi,AUO. Redmi has Tianma ,BOE and the most pathetic EBBG. It was a bad experience. I bought Redmi 2 Prime with a promise of display would be amazing made by AUO/Sharp. But we buyers were lied to given cheap, clouding in the bottom display made by EBBG. Mi devices like Mi4i at that time had display made by Sharp/JDi.

So no Redmi.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ Consider SE only if you are getting a new sealed piece at 10-12k. Else it is overpriced in India for what it does.
Mi A1 is a good option overall, Q6 is not worth the price since it lacks fingerprint sensor. If battery life is utmost priority and you can compromise with camera, updates (or can flash custom roms) then only consider Redmi Note 4. Other good option would be Moto G5+/G5s+ but updates don't have guaranteed timelines.

OP
G

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
^ Consider SE only if you are getting a new sealed piece at 10-12k. Else it is overpriced in India for what it does.
Mi A1 is a good option overall, Q6 is not worth the price since it lacks fingerprint sensor. If battery life is utmost priority and you can compromise with camera, updates (or can flash custom roms) then only consider Redmi Note 4. Other good option would be Moto G5+/G5s+ but updates don't have guaranteed timelines.

Thanks for the reply man.
Congratulations on becoming a staff member here at digit. I've seen you here since 5 years.

Well I recently saw at Amazon Lenovo Zuk Z2 plus for 10k with SD820 & 5inch small display. What do you think?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
When I bought LG G6 recently, Q6+ wasn't available. Now it is.
LG Q6+ is available now with close spects to LG G6 only the downside of low end snapdragon processor and no finger print sensor.
Along with that Q6+ also isn't waterproof but hey atleast it's Military standard certified which means it's good in some other aspects like dust proof, shock proof and strong. G6+ also
To some advantage Q6+ also have micro USB. So more chargers at your home should be compatible with it.

But if you want overall well rounded phone (sans compass) you can go for Moto G5/G5S.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Did you mean G5+/G5S+?
I feel like non plus variants are lacking in some aspect or the other.
Yeah, whatever is the best among G5 series. They shouldn't make so many variants of the same model -_-

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well I recently saw at Amazon Lenovo Zuk Z2 plus for 10k with SD820 & 5inch small display. What do you think?
While that does seems to be a great option for raw performance, software and camera are weak points. Plus there is only one hardware button in front which has fingerprint reader and is gesture enabled to emulate other hardware buttons like back or recents. They could've put the hardware buttons because of big bezel but they didn't. Custom rom support on xda ( Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) Forum on XDA Developers ) is kind of okay but since the phone is intended for your father, I doubt that will matter to him. Don't expect official updates for this phone.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get zenfone 3 for 14k
Asus Zenfone 3 : Buy Asus Zenfone 3 (Black, 32 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com

Have a look at upcoming Honor 7X too. Its camera might not be as good as Mi A1's but display is 18:9 like Q6. I think its camera would be similar to Honor 9i

OP
G

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Its only 4.4 mm longer (which isn't that much of a difference IMO)
(Size comparision: Visual Phone Size Comparison)

Well bro its still half a cm if you look from another perspective,
still my Dad appreciated the device being sleek and most importantly it's not common like every third person has a Redmi device. Its got a distinct look of its own.

Top Bottom