slowing laptop

hello guys.
My laptop has gone a bit slower. Booting time has become 5-10 sec more than when it was bought. When I open any application, it responds to it after 2-3 sec
than it should. It is really frustrating. I have recovery disc but do not want to use it now (as I used it last month and deleted all my files).What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

My laptop configuration:

Intel core i5-2430M processor (2.40 GHz)
Windows 7 HP
RAM 4GB
HDD 500GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE 410M with CUDA

p.s. recently I enabled vt-x from BIOS to use win-8 consumer preview pack on virtualbox.

techno

Evil Genius
No issues related to virtual box but who made ur laptop?? HP?? may be ur laptop heating thus cpu gets slower or just reformat the whole hardrive and install the latest possible drivers to check what is the problem....

tech_boy

The Annoying Thing
Get rid of the unwanted applications that may be slowing down your computer. Use ccleaner:
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Also defragment all your drives and install all applications and games in drives other than c drive(drive on which windows is installed) :)

kisame

King of Heroes
Its natural when your windows becomes bloated.
Best u can do is keep your C drive defragged and keep your registry clean.

Unkn0wN

2 STRONK
At the end of the day you have to format windows, defraging and all cleaners will provide a 10% performance increase. A fresh windows install will always be much smoother.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Why on earth is nearly everyone advising OP to reinstall OS?

5-10 sec slower is no big deal. As you install applications your PC is sure as hell (actually, surer than hell) to get slower. All you may do are keep it clean and tidy using some handy software like Ccleaner and defraggler (both are free)

If you reinstall OS the PC will become fast temporarily, but as you install applications it'll still slow down. You'll be stuck up in a reinstall cycle.

Not every issue is caused by buggy drivers and overheating CPU's. That is the truth.

@OP: havent you installed quite a few applications since you bought it? Did you install any fresh anti virus?
Also remove adobe reader and use something else (Foxit reader)

Last edited:

frankeric

Journeyman
hello guys.
My laptop has gone a bit slower. Booting time has become 5-10 sec more than when it was bought. When I open any application, it responds to it after 2-3 sec
than it should. It is really frustrating. I have recovery disc but do not want to use it now (as I used it last month and deleted all my files).What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

My laptop configuration:

Intel core i5-2430M processor (2.40 GHz)
Windows 7 HP
RAM 4GB
HDD 500GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE 410M with CUDA

p.s. recently I enabled vt-x from BIOS to use win-8 consumer preview pack on virtualbox.

hi bud can you tel me that you which windows you are currentlu using?????

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Simple steps will make your PC perform at its peak -
1. remove unwanted softwares of Sony (pre-installed/bundled)
2. use Ccleaner to clear all junk/left over files
3. In CCleaner, under Tools -> Startup-> remove unwanted entries or, better use the "Save to text File", then post the contents of that file here, we'll help on which entries to remove.
*i.imgur.com/dEG9s.png
4. Type "msconfig" in Start-> search bar, goto "Services" tab, & click on "Hide MS services...", then uncheck the unwanted Services, like Adobe, Google, nVidia updater...
(or again, give the contents of that tab, we'll help you.
*i.imgur.com/n73w6.png

Abhishek_Z

Journeyman
Hi I have the correct solution for you. No codes just a brilliant software from IO Bit [same developer who made Game Booster(s)]. It is called Advanced System Care Pro. Use the trial version, if you are satisfied you can upgrade to the paid full version BTW is you have the correct address (URL) you can download it for free ! :-D
That's a top secret which everyone knows !!!:-D:):lol:

You don't know ???
You need to know more about Internet. :cool:

avjy87

Right off the assembly line
because of your virtual box install in separate drive and install OS in same drive where you install virtual box...don't install in C: because your current OS running in their...

rawgeek

Broken In
I would go with what 's18000rpm' has suggested.MSFT recommends that as well:
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Top Bottom