slow boot,,plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit2005

Journeyman
hi there..for past 15 days i'm experiencing slow boot..boot upto wallpaper is ok but thereafter appn of icons take awful lot of time i've scanned the pc for viruses and other crap..but in vain..pla help

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
hey... lot of reasons for slow startup....

• scan with AVG 8.00 Freee
  • use ccleaner to remove unncessary files and registry keys and also remove unnecessary startups...
  • if your desktop have lot of shortcuts, that may be the main reason for slow booting.... delete unnessary shortcuts..
  • Justify your recenty installed softwares... it might be installed unnessary startup services. check it..
  • And finally, remove the page file and reboot the system so that windows creates new page file...

cooldip10

In the zone
hey... lot of reasons for slow startup....

• use ccleaner to remove unncessary files and registry keys and also remove unnecessary startups...
  • if your desktop have lot of shortcuts, that may be the main reason for slow booting.... delete unnessary shortcuts..
  • Justify your recenty installed softwares... it might be installed unnessary startup services. check it..
  • And finally, remove the page file and reboot the system so that windows creates new page file...

I agree with this completely..
Some more ways are
-> Download a tiny software called "Startuplite".. Its like MSConfig but much more simple.
It actually deselects the programmes which are unnecessarily added in the start up list. Hence Less time to initialize the Desktop components.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom