Slim lightweight laptop with 1080p screen for general everyday use.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Friends, but Dell 3442 checked thoroughly in croma stores. I don't feel bad about build quality or any thing looks weird.

No offence but we just can't put aside Dell with saying that Dell era towards ends now! Personally, I disagreed.

On one side, in other previous threads, I have had opinion to consider M processor against U while posting same requirement.

And now, U processor in Z-50 as well 3442/3552 talk is on !! Any ways, again no offense to any one. just putting as it is.

768p display, poor build quality and 1 year warranty @ 45k compared to better build quality (IMO the best for the budget), 1080p display and 3 years warranty @35-40k

$hadow

Geek in making
For day to day usage I don't think processor comes in that much usage as compared to semi intensive tasks. So as long as OP is going to stick with day to day usage he is fine with any processor. And now coming to dell point. We suggested Dell at the time of 15r series since it was a blind faithful laptop but time changed Lenovo made it's sort with y500 and now it is nearly nailing it properly as far as multimedia high end laptops are concerned. Dell is recommended for any one looking for a great ASS.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
For day to day usage I don't think processor comes in that much usage as compared to semi intensive tasks. So as long as OP is going to stick with day to day usage he is fine with any processor. And now coming to dell point. We suggested Dell at the time of 15r series since it was a blind faithful laptop but time changed Lenovo made it's sort with y500 and now it is nearly nailing it properly as far as multimedia high end laptops are concerned. Dell is recommended for any one looking for a great ASS.

Yes, there was a time when Dell used to sell core i7QM processors with GDDR5 GT 650m in 17" laptops at a reasonable price.

Nowadays the only good thing about Dell is its ASS.

Then again, what's the point of buying a sub-par product just because it has a good ASS?

$hadow

Geek in making
Yes, there was a time when Dell used to sell core i7QM processors with GDDR5 GT 650m in 17" laptops at a reasonable price.

Nowadays the only good thing about Dell is its ASS.

Then again, what's the point of buying a sub-par product just because it has a good ASS?
Yup that is what I was trying to say. i love turbo series and it was great at that time but time for change has finally come and now every Dell fan-boy has to accept it or else he would end up wasting money leaving one or two of those ultrabooks.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
First of all with Hands Folded and with apt Humbleness,I state that I am cool and I do not intend to start a flame war nor have any intentions for trolling or ranting.
^ cool down buddy, thing is @OP wants a FHD laptop which Dell India isn't able to provide in a VFM config. ( I hate dell because of poor hinges and difficult to open laptops. I can't open my dad's laptop to replace the TIM without damaging the snap-on plastic hinges).

And its their fault for removing the 2nd ram slot in some newer models. that's literally $hitting on the customer's face who plans to buys a laptop with 2gb/4gb ram and wants to add another 2gb/4gb ram in the future.
No offence taken Friends of @TDF,I am sorry for being a little bit aloud. Don't take it as a confrontation of sort.

I haven't suggested @OP or insisted to him to purchase a DELL laptop.It is his choice, his prerogative,his wish and will for any laptop/notebook of his choice.

I liked very much the way with support of technical point [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] clarified the points. What I tried to emphasize is my own experience and satisfaction.
1. I hope you know U processors are heavily under powered as compared to their M siblings. Nobody is talking about CPU tweaking/overvolting as that is only possible in XM processors but people desire high performance. Period. Also Dell install lower capacity batteries in U processor based laptops so battery life is same in laptops with M CPUs.

2. I said "some" models.

3. If you don't install OEM drivers, you are missing out on a lot of latest AMD features especially Mantle upgrades. Once you install an OEM driver, a variety of issues render the laptop unusable.

4. SSD ports open up a lot of possibilities for the laptops. In Dell laptops, one has to replace the normal HDD for a SSD. Down the road, everyone wants a SSD.

5. If you compare the plastic used in your laptop's beneath surface to the plastic used in Lenovo laptops, you'll realize how pathetic it is. Beneath surface is usually the most important surface in the long run as it the part where heating effect is the max.

I was not trying to say that Dell was a poor choice for you but for the majority of buyers, Dell is the worst choice for a new laptop.

The AMD drivers don't have any issues running in Windows-8.1,which I state again.

I am not a Fanboy of DELL,nor of AMD or Intel anymore. It is a mind set of Humans what they will buy governed by their own instincts and decisions.
Yup that is what I was trying to say. i love turbo series and it was great at that time but time for change has finally come and now every Dell fan-boy has to accept it or else he would end up wasting money leaving one or two of those ultrabooks.

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] and all other Friends, how about getting these :--->

LENOVO

OR

HP

Which one will be better than another??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look Friends of @TDF, if my decision of buying any product is wrong with regret and repentence,then it is I alone who should suffer. So who cares and why should anyone care???

If on the other side any product purchase gives me immense joy,gleeful moments and solace with satisfaction,it is I who shall enjoy the most. So who bothers and why should anyone bother???

This is a platform for sharing of our experiences,events,information whatever may be good or bad.
Friends, but Dell 3442 checked thoroughly in croma stores. I don't feel bad about build quality or any thing looks weird.

No offence but we just can't put aside Dell with saying that Dell era towards ends now! Personally, I disagreed.

On one side, in other previous threads, I have had opinion to consider M processor against U while posting same requirement.
And now, U processor in Z-50 as well 3442/3552 talk is on !! Any ways, again no offense to any one. just putting as it is.
This gentleman has touched my mind,because of his unbiased comment.Why should there be any bias towards any particular products.Bias should only exist personally,but should not be impunged to a community.
His(@matrixx) decision and his daughter's decison,will be final on buying any laptop of their choice. The decision should be honoured upon themselves,whether they are right or wrong.

Yes we are Friends,with a common basic values and ethics,but we differ amongst a great deal from one another. Are we really true Friends on our relations here,just like real life friends with whom we interact in person? This is a virtual world,where we are governed by the laws of the Forum,the Internet,and various aspects. We are not truly free either on the real world or in this virtual world.We are not the anonymous group either.Still on the real world we can show or express our emotions and relations in a real way alike,but here it is more or less abstract in nature,much more encapsulated.
Do we know each other by real names,by true face,by our true characteristics and nature?

Plssss guys almost everyone here are gamers, and we hate 820m/720m or other amd crap that dell shits in their laptops. Everyone here loves VFM laptops with kickass gfx even if you don't need them.
As,for our Friend [MENTION=288790]udaylunawat[/MENTION],please don't make illogical comments regarding any products. If AMD is crap,then so is Intel,Apple,NVIDIA,SAMSUNG,LG,SEAGATE,WD,...NOKIA,MOTOROLA,etc...the list goes on and on. Also I am not a Gamer. The choice for this Laptop is for its 14" screen,for which I sacrificed the 1080p screen given by LENOVO.Because my First and Foremost wish for buying a laptop is its 14" screen size.

I haven't owned any Micromax products till now,but many Friends in this @TDF regard them as crapware. It is anyones Freedom and wish. Nothing wrong or illegal. Everybody has his say,wish and will.

Reality is also that Micromax has seated itself in the 2nd position after SAMSUNG in the mobile market in India.
So this is a platform of mixture,where anybody has his/her free will to make a decision choosing from that mixture,whatever is Right or Wrong.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION]
Well, nobody cares if you suffer or not but as members of this forum, it is our duty to steer potential laptop buyers(OP) in the right direction.

PS:AMD and Dell are cr@p.

kg11sgbg

[mention=123453]kg11sgbg[/mention]
well, nobody cares if you suffer or not but as members of this forum, it is our duty to steer potential laptop buyers(op) in the right direction.

Ps:amd and dell are cr@p.
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

udaylunawat

In the zone
First of all with Hands Folded and with apt Humbleness,I state that I am cool and I do not intend to start a flame war nor have any intentions for trolling or ranting.

No offence taken Friends of @TDF,I am sorry for being a little bit aloud. Don't take it as a confrontation of sort.

I haven't suggested @OP or insisted to him to purchase a DELL laptop.It is his choice, his prerogative,his wish and will for any laptop/notebook of his choice.

I liked very much the way with support of technical point [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] clarified the points. What I tried to emphasize is my own experience and satisfaction.

The AMD drivers don't have any issues running in Windows-8.1,which I state again.

I am not a Fanboy of DELL,nor of AMD or Intel anymore. It is a mind set of Humans what they will buy governed by their own instincts and decisions.

Look Friends of @TDF, if my decision of buying any product is wrong with regret and repentence,then it is I alone who should suffer. So who cares and why should anyone care???

If on the other side any product purchase gives me immense joy,gleeful moments and solace with satisfaction,it is I who shall enjoy the most. So who bothers and why should anyone bother???

This is a platform for sharing of our experiences,events,information whatever may be good or bad.

This gentleman has touched my mind,because of his unbiased comment.Why should there be any bias towards any particular products.Bias should only exist personally,but should not be impunged to a community.
His(@matrixx) decision and his daughter's decison,will be final on buying any laptop of their choice. The decision should be honoured upon themselves,whether they are right or wrong.

Yes we are Friends,with a common basic values and ethics,but we differ amongst a great deal from one another. Are we really true Friends on our relations here,just like real life friends with whom we interact in person? This is a virtual world,where we are governed by the laws of the Forum,the Internet,and various aspects. We are not truly free either on the real world or in this virtual world.We are not the anonymous group either.Still on the real world we can show or express our emotions and relations in a real way alike,but here it is more or less abstract in nature,much more encapsulated.
Do we know each other by real names,by true face,by our true characteristics and nature?

As,for our Friend [MENTION=288790]udaylunawat[/MENTION],please don't make illogical comments regarding any products. If AMD is crap,then so is Intel,Apple,NVIDIA,SAMSUNG,LG,SEAGATE,WD,...NOKIA,MOTOROLA,etc...the list goes on and on. Also I am not a Gamer. The choice for this Laptop is for its 14" screen,for which I sacrificed the 1080p screen given by LENOVO.Because my First and Foremost wish for buying a laptop is its 14" screen size.

I haven't owned any Micromax products till now,but many Friends in this @TDF regard them as crapware. It is anyones Freedom and wish. Nothing wrong or illegal. Everybody has his say,wish and will.

Reality is also that Micromax has seated itself in the 2nd position after SAMSUNG in the mobile market in India.
So this is a platform of mixture,where anybody has his/her free will to make a decision choosing from that mixture,whatever is Right or Wrong.
This gentlemen here is just unbelievable , and in no way I mean that as any taunt or disrespect. His way of thinking, and amazing communication skill made me realize something important that I had forgotten in the past, humbleness and that people have their own choices and way of thinking and mindset. Thanks again for that.

kg11sgbg

This gentlemen here is just unbelievable , and in no way I mean that as any taunt or disrespect. His way of thinking, and amazing communication skill made me realize something important that I had forgotten in the past, humbleness and that people have their own choices and way of thinking and mindset. Thanks again for that.
Thank you very much my Dear Friend [MENTION=288790]udaylunawat[/MENTION]. I respect your comments and feelings.
Thanks once again.

matrixx

Journeyman
IMO, nothing is crap nor superior. Dell, HP & Lenovo ... all are standard brand in lappy market which is no matter of crap/supreme. Lenovo nowadays aggressively in the business to capture market & in result we have had larger option with additional features in their laptop line. This doesn't prove that Dell & AMD crap or HP sucks. Without a doubt or second thoughts, Dell & HP are good but lagging behind in view of giving all the features in budget offer.

Re putting this, say for example, Lenovo FHD in 35-40k range don't meant to say Dell 3442/3552 crap even at 40-45k range? Its all about customer choice, product appealing & realization of product when customer have product in their hand.

Could we say Himami Glycerine soap is holy crap because of Pears ?!!:-D

Anyway, friends all here are giving their invaluable feedback and thanks for that.

[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION] : Let me check crap Dell+AMD A6/A8 (Hinami Glycerine soap):wink: and then I come back to this thread again.

Thanks to all, again.

kg11sgbg

IMO, nothing is crap nor superior. Dell, HP & Lenovo ... all are standard brand in lappy market which is no matter of crap/supreme. Lenovo nowadays aggressively in the business to capture market & in result we have had larger option with additional features in their laptop line. This doesn't prove that Dell & AMD crap or HP sucks. Without a doubt or second thoughts, Dell & HP are good but lagging behind in view of giving all the features in budget offer.

Re putting this, say for example, Lenovo FHD in 35-40k range don't meant to say Dell 3442/3552 crap even at 40-45k range? Its all about customer choice, product appealing & realization of product when customer have product in their hand.

Could we say Himami Glycerine soap is holy crap because of Pears ?!!:-D

Anyway, friends all here are giving their invaluable feedback and thanks for that.

[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION] : Let me check crap Dell+AMD A6/A8 (Hinami Glycerine soap):wink: and then I come back to this thread again.

Thanks to all, again.
(++++++++...11111111...) to you,Sir, [MENTION=279573]matrixx[/MENTION]:clap2::high5:
Your mental maturity + clarity of thoughts is much ahead regarding the discussions at this @TDF,when immatured souls are lost in their low self esteem,brainless self hurting ego and utter frustation.

$hadow

Geek in making
Oh come on man. Not this again of late there has been enough of it. Let OP decide what he want and wait for his views. Till then help other and stop bashing each other.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
what people forget is that dell and hp parts are easier to get locally so by buying a lenovo or some other brand,you carry the risk of not getting parts easily in future...(once its out of warranty of course)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
what people forget is that dell and hp parts are easier to get locally so by buying a lenovo or some other brand,you carry the risk of not getting parts easily in future...(once its out of warranty of course)

They serviced my 8 year old lenovo R61 by replacing RAM, battery and adapter.

Also, it's better to buy a laptop which doesn't need replacing parts(Lenovo) than ones which require(especially Dell-why do you think their service is so good if parts don't need replacing?)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
They serviced my 8 year old lenovo R61 by replacing RAM, battery and adapter.

Also, it's better to buy a laptop which doesn't need replacing parts(Lenovo) than ones which require(especially Dell-why do you think their service is so good if parts don't need replacing?)

dude arguably you can have a bad experience with any laptop manufacturer
i was told dell was the best but my display died in 2 years,i think it was a stray incident though
my vaio has lasted me 9 years and is still running fine without servicing etc at all,but im told sony vaios die out easily and have lot of issues
my point being,you cant trust any brand blindly today but you should always have a fall back option
im not saying lenovo is bad at all but its easier to get hp and dell parts in the market over any other brand
i dont dislike lenovo,i actually am considering getting a Y50 or alienware 13 next myself
and i recommended the y50,g505s,y510p to 3-4 of my friends already

kg11sgbg

i was told dell was the best but my display died in 2 years,i think it was a stray incident though
my vaio has lasted me 9 years and is still running fine without servicing etc at all,but im told sony vaios die out easily and have lot of issues
my point being,you cant trust any brand blindly today but you should always have a fall back option
im not saying lenovo is bad at all but its easier to get hp and dell parts in the market over any other brand
i dont dislike lenovo,i actually am considering getting a Y50 or alienware 13 next myself
+1, to this.
Mate, your clear,concise and logical explanation has reverberated my thoughts.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] avoid Alienware 13 if you will be getting it from India.

yeah i wont be buying laptops from india anymore,i had issues with 2 laptops from here and i couldnt justify the higher price and warranty
ill buy from usa only now and ask my cousin to get it for me
from what ive seen,laptops bought from usa have lasted longer and are 35% cheaper usually
im thinking of waiting till mid 2015 before purchasing a laptop
im considering getting a lighter laptop capable of gaming and college etc to complement my 7520
in the meantime ,im using my vaio(cr series 14") for college,presentations etc and my dell for home

kg11sgbg

A real proof of treating India as a dumping ground for e-(waste/redundant/low quality components)by U.S.,China,likewise Country. Of course our system is to be blamed the maximum for this .

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Which parts are you referring to??
You very well know that most parts(RAM, HDD etc) can be found easily for all laptops.

Prev gen Lenovo laptops had the added advantage of replacing CPU at will too.

Top Bottom