SKOAR! feedback

r4gs

In the zone
Hi guys,
We've been working on keeping SKOAR! alive for a while now and the Digital edition on the DVD is its latest avatar. We've also gone ahead and released SKOAR! for free on Magzter starting this month (apologies for the aspect ratio of the current edition, we'll be adjusting it in upcoming issues).

What we would like to know from you guys is
a) What do you expect from SKOAR?
b) Magzter, website, pdf, or physical copy and why you prefer a particular medium.
c) Feedback on the SKOAR! issues so far. What you liked and what you want changed.
d) What kind of content would you like to see in SKOAR! Mobile gaming, hardware, reviews, interviews, features?
e) What do you think of the SKOAR! DVD. Is it worth it or not and why?

We put a lot of effort to make sure that SKOAR! comes out every month, but unless our readers are happy, there's no point in putting in that effort. Please do respond and share your thoughts with us. It'll help us to serve you better.

P.S. We're looking for freelance writers for SKOAR! and Digit. Feel free to PM me with details if you're interested in writing for us.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Don't go all BAZUKA on me, this is what I personally feel.
Why not create a website and publish everything there directly?
The least thing we gamers want is to login/signup to magzter (or wait for DVD) to get the game news after a month which is already too old by then.
We live in a world where fast/quickly transmitted information is preferred, not the news which has become Obsolete.

The March Edition of SKOAR has some really good reviews/articles about Teleglitch/SouthPark etc, but I already read those somewhere else in February.

As for the DVD, no way. I don't think it's worth it all. I mean who uses DVDs to read magazines nowadays?
Just my 2 cents.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hi guys,
We've been working on keeping SKOAR! alive for a while now and the Digital edition on the DVD is its latest avatar. We've also gone ahead and released SKOAR! for free on Magzter starting this month (apologies for the aspect ratio of the current edition, we'll be adjusting it in upcoming issues).

b) Magzter, website, pdf, or physical copy and why you prefer a particular medium.
c) Feedback on the SKOAR! issues so far. What you liked and what you want changed.
d) What kind of content would you like to see in SKOAR! Mobile gaming, hardware, reviews, interviews, features?

We put a lot of effort to make sure that SKOAR! comes out every month, but unless our readers are happy, there's no point in putting in that effort. Please do respond and share your thoughts with us. It'll help us to serve you better.

P.S. We're looking for freelance writers for SKOAR! and Digit. Feel free to PM me with details if you're interested in writing for us.

a) Expect nothing but the best. A dedicated team to handle SKOAR alone maybe.
b) PHYSICAL COPY!!
c) Liked the Alienware adds, idk why you stopped 'em. Reviews are good.
d) Reviews of all games, each and every one of 'em. Maybe below the reviews you guys can add comments section maybe taking comments from TDF members. More contests maybe?
e) Personally I stopped reading it since Digit introduced the digital copy, just read the Game of the year one. Earlier SKOAR was the first thing I used to read, now I stopped reading it altogether. My main gaming rig doesn't has a graphic card instead of DVD drive so I have to remove that card and put the DVD drive in just to read SKOAR. Lately this has become convenient because I bought another laptop but still a physical copy is so much more convenient.

SKOAR was one of the best parts of Digit magazines until you guys took out the digital version T_T. I believe SKOAR should be one of the highlights of the magazine.

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
All SKOAR content is published online, immediately or delayed by a month depending on relevance.

The idea is that SKOAR! should be available to you, as a reader, in any fashion that you want. Whether it's online, on Magzter or on the DVD or as a physical copy. If you don't like the DVD version, you can still read the articles online.

That said, would you rather prefer a dedicated website (rather than ThinkDigit.com) for all gaming news and reviews?

Obviously, publishing SKOAR! on the DVD or printing it costs us money. But if we were to, say, drop a DVD and replace it with a 16pg SKOAR? Would that be more appealing?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
All SKOAR content is published online, immediately or delayed by a month depending on relevance.

The idea is that SKOAR! should be available to you, as a reader, in any fashion that you want. Whether it's online, on Magzter or on the DVD or as a physical copy. If you don't like the DVD version, you can still read the articles online.

That said, would you rather prefer a dedicated website (rather than ThinkDigit.com) for all gaming news and reviews?

Obviously, publishing SKOAR! on the DVD or printing it costs us money. But if we were to, say, drop a DVD and replace it with a 16pg SKOAR? Would that be more appealing?

That would suck. Say introduce a QR code type on the last page of the magazine which directly leads to the link of SKOAR magazine or downloads the pdf of the magazine along with digital a copy in the DVD.

I don't know much about web-designing but just as TDF is slightly different from the main-site, you guys can make such a sub-site for eg.
www.thinkdigit.com/SKOAR which is detached from the main-site.

gameranand

Living to Play
Hi guys,

1. A proper gaming Dedicated magazine, not a cut off from something else.
2. PDF or Physical copy, just that it should be released in like first 10 days of month and not after that month has passed
3. Right now its good but needs improvement.
4. Some Gaming Hardware and accessories, Some cover story of sorts, reviews, previews. More PC content pleasee.
5. Personally I don't give a damn about DVD at all. Content of magazine is what concerns me.

Reviews, previews etc are dime a dozen, I can find them anywhere. What I want from you good guys is some cover story and research of some game or topic or maybe a person which isn't available so easily.

Delay is bad.
I would prefer to have a PDF so that I can take that anywhere with me to read on my choice of device.
A dedicated website would be good.
16 page, seriously ?? I would like that many pages just for reviews and previews.

Last edited:
OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
^.^

and reviews and Alienware ads.

We didn't stop the Alienware ads. Alienware did. Maybe you guys should write to them if you like the ads so much. We could use the sponsorship and it might lead to a full-fledged SKOAR too. :D

Win-Win

Hi guys,

1. Game reviews, Hardware reviews
2. anything is fine as long as it is fast.
3.Good
4. All of the Above!!!! :D
5.Agree with gameranand :D

Shiva

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
We didn't stop the Alienware ads. Alienware did. Maybe you guys should write to them if you like the ads so much. We could use the sponsorship and it might lead to a full-fledged SKOAR too. :D

Win-Win

Also what about a SKOAR team? You know which participates in mmog tourneys and stuff. It can start with World of Tanks. :/

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
Though it would take a good year or maybe a year and a half before a decent Tier 10 team is ready to even be eligible for tourneys.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Though it would take a good year or maybe a year and a half before a decent Tier 10 team is ready to even be eligible for tourneys.

What about League of Legends on NA server? They recently said that by the no. of hours played per month it is the most played gamed in the world. They hold a world tourney every year worth 2 million US dollars as prize money and also mid-season tourneys too. There was a tournament in India too I think hosted by Alienware, the prize money was 1 lakh.

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
as a gamer, i would always prefer a physical copy of skoar anyday. The feel we get with a physical copy is unmatched to a digital copy. Nowdays digtal is abundant but physical copy is rarity. You must publish contents like how a particular game was made. Details of a gaming company and interview of game designer.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
A couple of points

1. A physical copy beats a digital anyday. There is nothing like flipping the pages to read the articles in order of interest rather than in a sequence

2 quick reviews we can get online, what i loved was the way the reviewer tied it up with other stuff like info about the publisher, past projects, influence from movies, songs etc.

3 i love drooling over the newest hardware too, but that is trumped by stuff i can use today. My fav skoar articles were the ones that made me fill my mouse with ball bearings (for weight) and made me stuff straws in my subwoofer air hole. So more DIYs please

4. Tell me about mods, stuff that'll allow me to enjoy my purchased games a bit more. The highlight of my UT days was all the amazing mods that made it a whole new game

5. Lets hear some gaming lore or trivia. Something that'll make me appreciate the game more. Whether its the ayn rand philosophy behind bioshock or the war satire in metal gear rising, lets talk about that rather than how the latest crysis has a bow and arrow.

6. Mainstream titles can peddle their own propoganga and they'll make sure i know about them. But please highlight stuff like psychonauts, FTL, undying etc for me.

Waiting for some awesome issues of skoar ahead

Top Bottom