Skimmed through the forum so need help....

shreyaBling

Broken In
Skimmed through the forum so need help clearing doubts and take a final decision... under 40K( as under as possible)

1. G510 seems to be a preferred choice and i think i see why(fits the bill specs wise beautifully)

2. I saw a AMD APU A10 based lenovo 505 on flipkart(Out of stock like g510) but with that kinda price and decent reviews, what do you ppl have to say about it

3. I am not into the games at all plus i heard that nvidia graphic card can melt and brick the motherboard. (too much for a thrifty person)

4. On my personal level i am thinking of wrapping up at 30K, hoping to get hands on a durable laptop that runs the the basic movies, office, browsing(lots of tabs) and occasional autocad without breaking a sweat.

5. Whats the take on Asus, toshiba

i can write the questionnaireif admin or anyone out there finds it necessary...say the word...

Last edited:

DVJex

In the zone
Please do, questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase .

3. Huh, where did you hear something crazy like that?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
3. People who told you that just need a hug, around the neck with a rope. Seriously, :facepalm:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Lenovo Z50-70
Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (59-436412) Rs.43990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (59-436412) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

FHD screen, 1 TB HDD @40k

Skimmed through the forum so need help clearing doubts and take a final decision... under 40K( as under as possible)

1. G510 seems to be a preferred choice and i think i see why(fits the bill specs wise beautifully)

2. I saw a AMD APU A10 based lenovo 505 on flipkart(Out of stock like g510) but with that kinda price and decent reviews, what do you ppl have to say about it

3. I am not into the games at all plus i heard that nvidia graphic card can melt and brick the motherboard. (too much for a thrifty person)

4. On my personal level i am thinking of wrapping up at 30K, hoping to get hands on a durable laptop that runs the the basic movies, office, browsing(lots of tabs) and occasional autocad without breaking a sweat.

5. Whats the take on Asus, toshiba

i can write the questionnaireif admin or anyone out there finds it necessary...say the word...

1. Discontinued
2. see point 1.
3. :facepalm: those who said it, need a high-five... one the face... with a steel chair... of the size of Mt. Everest.
4. You don't buy laptops everyday, that 10k isn't worth saving. IMO
5. Crap configs for the asking price.

Last edited:
OP
S

shreyaBling

Broken In
no. 3 was suggested to me by a colleague who apparently had a motherboard problem cos the silicon chip melted...well just after 2 years..

neways back to my issue...i am looking at saving a few pennies here, perhaps would prefer a dos based laptop since i have a windows 7 pro copy with me... and AMD hows AMD a10... and since it was you [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] who suggested g510 to another op...should i head over to nehru place to take a look at it...

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
no. 3 was suggested to me by a colleague who apparently had a motherboard problem cos the silicon chip melted...well just after 2 years..

neways back to my issue...i am looking at saving a few pennies here, perhaps would prefer a dos based laptop since i have a windows 7 pro copy with me... and AMD hows AMD a10... and since it was you [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] who suggested g510 to another op...should i head over to nehru place to take a look at it...

No. Just get Z50.

OP
S

shreyaBling

Broken In
Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase:

Please fill the following before asking any query in this section of forum.

NEVER post any half baked query like "I need a gaming laptop thanks; I want best laptop available in India, etc"

1) What is your budget? (30K plus minus 5K)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Ms poffice, movies, Lots of web browsing and autocad

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?\

guess not

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local (delhi ncr) )

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok then, get this Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (80E300FSIN) Rs.35100 Price in India - Buy Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (80E300FSIN) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

or this:

Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (80E300RGIN) Rs.31990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (80E300RGIN) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

or this:

Lenovo B590/59-409293 Notebook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Free DOS/ 1GB Graph) (59-409293) Rs.35990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo B590/59-409293 Notebook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Free DOS/ 1GB Graph) (59-409293) Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

G510 has been discontinued, same with Y510p. It has been ~3-4 months since i've suggested it to anybody.

Still Z50 is worth spending that money. No other laptop has FHD screen @40k right now.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
AMD A8 6410 vs A10 5750M
Intel Core i5 4200U vs AMD A8 6410
*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Series-A8-6410-Notebook-Processor.122644.0.html

Performance

In single thread tasks, the A8-6410 is clearly faster than the former A6-5200 (25 W, 2.0 GHz), but just slightly ahead in multi thread benchmarks. Overall, the APU offers a performance similar to a Haswell-based Pentium or Core i3 (ULV). Nonetheless, the A8-6410 will be sufficient for all daily workloads like Office, Internet browsing and multimedia.

OP
S

shreyaBling

Broken In
hi again..i was considering buying z50-70 but came across lenovo flex 2 (i5)on flipkart, looks nice, what is your opnion on this...its retailing at 45K...maybe i can pull this a bit lower at nehru place....

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Z50-70 (FHD Screen) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flex 2 (HD Screen)

I don't think the shops will sell it below the online prices. They never do it here.

OP
S

shreyaBling

Broken In
hahaha...thanks...i think i can live with that...i just thought i can use it to read ebooks...that way i wont have to sync ipad everytime...

Top Bottom