snap

Lurker
Gsmarena posted a great article

Six-way camera shootout: Smartphone roulette - GSMArena.com

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Having the best camera in you phone is good, unless all you do is to shoot pics and videos from it. In which case, its suffice to buy a DSLR instead.
So, a comparison of other features also needs to be done, to find the best phone out of them.

Anyway, good article from GSMArena.

DSLRs dont have that level of convinience...even a photography aficionados desires a great cam on his/her phone. DSLRs are bulky, and the lense changing thing is a headache. One thing that spoiled it all for me was the i was given only one lens, the average sized one with 70mm maximum limit,that is at maximum spin of the lens(im not at all tech sevvy wth photography). Our tiny point and shoot with 12X Zoom did a better job in that wedding :( And the bulk,oof,hated it. Sure it made me look a bit pro, but it was a nightmare handling it(Raining+Overcrowded wedding) The only thing that impressed me was the shutter speed. Instant and all in-focus!!Overall, DSLRs dont win over point-and-shoot/cameraphones for me. For me,picture quality can be sacrificed for the sake of convenience,and there are is photoshop to fix everything. In day to day situation, DSLRs are a NO NO .

A certain statistics from flikr or smthing mentioned that a large number(i think 70%) of the pics in their site was from camera phones..and that news came on gsmarena long time back.. 2011 or so...
There will come a time where point-n-shoot cams will die out. People will be left with the two extreme choices of photography... Casual portable camera (smartphones) and Real deal camera (DSLRs)

Top Bottom