bippukt

In the zone
There is also the fact that there are millions of hardcore Blizzard fans who play World of Warcraft and pay around $180 per year for it, and many of them also play Diablo. For them, the always online thing is not a problem because they already have that for WoW. As mentioned, Ubisoft has already backed out, so it is not the future. Although cloud gaming might be, in the not so near future.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some vague explanation here:-

Maxis explains the use of SimCity always-online DRM | News | PC Gamer

ujjwal007

Lost in games
awesome video :D really want the game now!! i always look to play such types of games!! anyone know when this is coming?

bippukt

In the zone
Some vague explanation here:-

Maxis explains the use of SimCity always-online DRM | News | PC Gamer

Thanks for the link. That is just some PR bull. The fact that they changed it from needing to be always online to only needing to be online to launch the game shows that it is just a DRM scheme. Always online DRM for a single player game gets a straight up no-buy from me.

BTW, if it turns out that being online constantly provides substantial improvements to gameplay, I will gladly buy the game. Simcity 4 was one of the games I played too much ;)

Last edited:
OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Hope its priced under 1k.
What i hate of EA?
Game will cost around 1k.
Then they release a expansion pack, again 1k..The expansion will give you snow.
Then they will say you want *insert name here* this another 1k
Sim series was much better before EA.

cyborg47

Technomancer
What i hate of EA?

Its 1.8k, just like every single EA game.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
What i hate of EA?
so don't buy on launch day dude,*demo* ;-) first, then buy
and trust me,this comes from the sucker who has 13 legit EA games

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Is demo available for this game? In FK it is 1.5K. Anyone pre ordered this?

Edit:- I dint noticed the 'stars' ;)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^No did you :(
Video: Inside the depths of SimCity | TG Daily

can't wait I love these kind of games in which you can spend hours and hours and probably never get bored :)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
It releases today :)
1-2 revies are out
SimCity Review in Progress - IGN

Some are giving it 9/10

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Many bad reviews about the allways on DRM and city size limit and long que for establishing server connection. EA screwed it all.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yup..but the game is good, I'll wait for a sale

the game is out of stock in Flipkart, I don't what to do if the game was around 600-1k then I would see a reason to get it, now I'll wait for a amazing steam offer

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Yeah.. I ordered this with my another fk id cash on delivery, thinking to cancel it.. 1.5K is too much. And dont think it will cost less than 1.5 after offer. Because the offer will apply on the US game price, that will not be any how less than Flipkart price.

To be simple.. The current price is $60, if they gave even 50% discount(thats not going to happen within some month of game release + its EA), then also the price will be more than 1500.

If the price is 700-1K, then its affordable. 1.5K is too high. :-?

waiting for the ahem version .. :mrgreen:

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Exactly, I had high hopes with the game, But always ONLINE DRM is crap, Imagine you spend hours and hours making a city and it doesnt SYNC...Enjoy xD

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Yeah.. I ordered this with my another fk id cash on delivery, thinking to cancel it.. 1.5K is too much. And dont think it will cost less than 1.5 after offer. Because the offer will apply on the US game price, that will not be any how less than Flipkart price.

To be simple.. The current price is $60, if they gave even 50% discount(thats not going to happen within some month of game release + its EA), then also the price will be more than 1500.

If the price is 700-1K, then its affordable. 1.5K is too high. :-?

waiting for the ahem version .. :mrgreen:

+1 on ahem ahem.. cough cough :p

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You may sign the petition, if that means anything at all:-

*www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games

BTW, Amazon has pulled off the digital version after tons of 1-star reviews.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
No offence
EA Is a s%% company i HATE EA, they screw up all games and this lame DRM.
This game isn't worth 1.5k, it should be selling for 400-500rs. Cause in 2-3 months They will release another DLC for 1-1.5k[Read:Sims DLC]

Sarang\m/

Journeyman
Nowadays, I only get the fifa series from EA. Other games from them are totally messed up most of the time. I was thinking to get Simcity but with always online DRM its a complete NO

Top Bottom