Sim is always in call forwarding mode

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

We used to use 2 Jio sim's in an Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 phone. The second jio sim in slot 2 was a secondary sim which was rarely used. It's calls were set to auto forward to some other number. We used to keep this second sim deactivated most of the times to save battery. Anyways now we were planning to use this number. Whenever we switch on the second sim slot in this phone a call forwarding logo used to come at the top, although it was turned off many months back. We went to the call forwarding settings for this second sim, the page kept on loading then it said some error or something. Tried it in slot one but same result. Tried this number in Samsung Galaxy series phone but same result. It shows that call forwarding is there but when we click to see to which number it keeps on loading and then show that it is turned off but the call forwarding sign doesn't go away. It asks us to enter a number for call forwarding if we want to. If we do enter some number then finally it displays failed to read data- something went wrong, Check your sim card or network connection, then try again. This sim can receive all the text messages. Since it is not recharged so can't confirm about the outbound calls, texts. If we call to this number then it says that the number is busy.

Isn't call forwarding limited to phones? In this case it has stuck with the sim somehow. Even if I recharge it and the same thing is there then it will be a waste of money. Is there any way to reset this sim or something? If the customer care can do something about it then what should I tell them to do?
@whitestar_999 @anupam_pb @SaiyanGoku

Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Isn't call forwarding limited to phones?
I think this is on a per-sim basis.
How can I deactivate call forwarding service | Reliance Jio FAQs

To deactivate call forwarding, go to Settings > Call > Advance settings > Call forwarding. Please note the navigation might differ on different handsets. Alternatively it can be deactivated by dialling the respective short codes:
1. Call forwarding Unconditional - *402
2. Call forwarding - no answer- *404
3. Call forwarding - busy - *406
4. Call Conditional call forwarding - not reachable-*410
5. All forwarding - *413

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I think this is on a per-sim basis.
How can I deactivate call forwarding service | Reliance Jio FAQs
Bro if I call *402 it says,"aapke no. se bina kisi shart call forwarding band kar di gayi hai"
When I go to this location- Settings > Call > Advance settings > Call forwarding, I get this
Screenshot_20200306-183208.png

That call forwarding sign is still there at the top but getting incoming calls now. How to remove that icon?
Tried this sim in a Samsung phone, the call forwarding sign is still there. Deactivating this sim takes away the call forwarding sign too.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Bro if I call *402 it says,"aapke no. se bina kisi shart call forwarding band kar di gayi hai"
When I go to this location- Settings > Call > Advance settings > Call forwarding, I get this

That call forwarding sign is still there at the top but getting incoming calls now. How to remove that icon?
Tried this sim in a Samsung phone, the call forwarding sign is still there. Deactivating this sim takes away the call forwarding sign too.
Try *413 and then check maybe?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
*413 is for deactivating all call forwarding I think.
All forwarding - *413
This means that all calls will be forwarded. Issue is resolved, the only problem is that the call forwarding sign shows up with this sim and cannot be removed in any phone.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there a way to refresh or reset this sim?
It may be possible with assistance from service provider's tech team but getting them to do it is almost impossible because customer care people won't be able to understand this issue so getting a replacement sim is a better bet.

Top Bottom