Silicon Power 1TB NVMe (SP001TBP34A80M28) Write Speed Issue

adikumar2010

Journeyman
I ran some benchmarks and I am getting very low write Seq. Q32T1 speed from few weeks in crystal disk mark. Originally Seq. Q32T1 write speed was always above 3000mbps when I bought it last year which is the advertised speed by company.

I am not sure what could be the issue. Maybe the SSD is fried ? Does anyone know?

Original Benchmark from last year:
*i.ibb.co/sm7JWtf/old.png

Recent Bechmark :
*i.ibb.co/fYG0zT9/New.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could send the SSD for RMA but problem is I don't want to reinstall everything. I have 2 external HDD lying around. So I can clone full disk image of my SSD into a USB HDD then when I get it back I can restore image on it. Can anyone let me know good software to do that.

Also I think first I need to create image of SSD onto an external HDD and then when I get it back I will have to install Windows on another spare HDD so I can restore that image back to the replaced SSD. It's very long and tedious process. Let me know if there is any easier method. I am not sure if its possible to restore the cloned image without installing any OS.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Maybe something running in the background is slowing the benchmark ? Something like an antivirus. Check task manager. Run bench in safe mode.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I am not sure what could be the issue. Maybe the SSD is fried ? Does anyone know?

Optionally also use a software called ATTO benchmark Disk Benchmark for Windows Software | ATTO and check the speeds at varying I/O sizes from 1 MB thru 64 MB and File size of 1 GB or above.
In case you are going for RMA, before RMA, after you take the required data backup/disk clone etc do a secure erase/sanitize and check if the speeds are back to normal after flushing all flash cells back to factory defaults. This process is data destructive and cannot be undone. (Secure erase also makes data recovery harder but that's a sort of secondary objective in this particular case of troubleshooting slow writes)
If it does go back to normal after sanitize/secure erase, then it could be a case of speed plummeting due to very low or nil DRAM and SLC caching getting filled fast and slowing the SSD writes.
See if vendor has provided any tool to do a secure erase or you might have to run a few hdparm Linux commands.

Top Bottom