Should I wait or buy Nexus 6

$hadow

Geek in making
My nexus 5 is kaput long time back and now my Nexus 7 is also dead.
I was initially waiting for Nexus 6 for a long time and now since it is round the corner as far as launch is concerned what do you guys think should I be waiting for the 2015 flagship launches. Because considering Nexus line track there is hardly a price cut and now I am basically narrowing down my two year upgrade cycle to 3 years. So I will not be buying a phone irrespective of the condition it would be in. Since all the manufacturers are moving towards 3 GB of ram and QHD display though one can take the display as a con. Now if I buy a phone say G3, Z3 so there is hardly a price difference when you are for spending this much and if I will be going for 30 k phones I will be left with either Moto x 2014 or again N5. What do you guys suggest should I buy Nexus 6 or wait for other devices to launch in 2015.
P.S. I know N6 is not available in India as of now but will be soon available.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Every Morning I wake up and every night when I sleep.
I visit play.google.com/devices to check N6!

It's a beautiful phone.
Check MKBHD's review.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
It is a beautiful phone but what is troubling me is the cost of the phone. paying 44k is a big deal for me since I have a strict limit of no 40k + for a phone irrespective of the specs

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It is a beautiful phone but what is troubling me is the cost of the phone. paying 44k is a big deal for me since I have a strict limit of no 40k + for a phone irrespective of the specs

40k is a Big budget for some. 44k is a Big budget for some.
But a difference b/w 40 and 44 is not that Big. If you can afford a 40k phone, there is no reason in the Hell you can't afford 44k for a phone as good as Nexus 6.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
I'm also thinking. But I've decided to wait for LG g4 or Samsung galaxy s6 or something similar, because the current n6 does not feature 64bit processer... And plus I'm sacred of amoled display on non Samsung devices

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
40k is a Big budget for some. 44k is a Big budget for some.
But a difference b/w 40 and 44 is not that Big. If you can afford a 40k phone, there is no reason in the Hell you can't afford 44k for a phone as good as Nexus 6.

I am inclining towards moto x 2014 which is a substantial difference when compared to 32k to 44k. All I am worried is that if the difference is worth it?

acidCow

Broken In
I am inclining towards moto x 2014 which is a substantial difference when compared to 32k to 44k. All I am worried is that if the difference is worth it?

I think it's well worth it. It has everything better than the Moto X 2014, maybe except the camera, which is the same.
The display, speakers, battery, storage (32GB vs 16 on the Moto X), chipset, RAM everything's better on the Nexus 6.
If you are okay with the screen size, you should go for it eyes closed.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I bought Moto X 1st gen, *Only* for the reason that the price difference was a substantial one b/w both generations. But trust me Moto X 2014 is one hell of a device. Not much difference in Moto X 2014 and Nexus 6 besides the obvious ones. I call N6 a blown up version of Moto X 2nd gen. And the durability of Moto X 2nd gen is solid. So you can't be wrong with Moto X 2nd gen compared to N6.

Except for the screen. While Amoled is beautiful the screen is not one of is strongest suite. I know this and hence ordered a case before buying my 1st gen Moto X. But the rest is just too good to casually pass it on.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
I bought Moto X 1st gen, *Only* for the reason that the price difference was a substantial one b/w both generations. But trust me Moto X 2014 is one hell of a device. Not much difference in Moto X 2014 and Nexus 6 besides the obvious ones. I call N6 a blown up version of Moto X 2nd gen. And the durability of Moto X 2nd gen is solid. So you can't be wrong with Moto X 2nd gen compared to N6.

Except for the screen. While Amoled is beautiful the screen is not one of is strongest suite. I know this and hence ordered a case before buying my 1st gen Moto X. But the rest is just too good to casually pass it on.

Yeah looks like I might end up saving some good amount of money on Moto x 2014. Now I was thinking that is it ok to compare N5 with X 2014 or My best bet will be X 2014. N5 has got a good dev support but I think Moto x 2014 is a new device considering a year old N5 and also it is no point in buying the same phone again.

Top Bottom