Should i Upgrade my Cabinet,Is is resulting in exceeding Temps?

maverick121

Journeyman
My GTS250 card just stopped working got a new GTX 660.Now i have concerns regarding my cabinet.My current cabinet is a standard iball low budget cabinet.With a single standard sized fan.
Here is the Picture of my cabinet

i6363_b_350x263_250x250.jpg

I just tested the card with unigine heaven benchmark,after running for around 10 minutes the temp had reached 72 degrees.Is this high

Here are my specs:
Intel Media series board DP55WB
4 GB Ram
Iball sprinter 600W PSU
GTX 660

Can you suggest me a good cabinet may be from good brands like cooler master or antec

Budget: Below 4000 INR

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
first get seasonic s12 ii 520 at 4.2k and ditch that iball psu. you may be running into trouble with that psu and gtx 660. upgrade the cabby to nzxt gamma or better and add some case fans.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
change that psu fast as there are more chances of your card dying because of psu compared to high temps & you still need to get a decent cabinet.coolermaster make some decent cheap cabinets & its availability is also good both in local & online shops.unless you are in cities like kolkata,delhi,mumbai,bangalore,hyderabad etc only option to get Antec cabinet is through online shops.NZXT Gamma cabinet though good also has least availability & some don't like its unusual design but functionality wise it is very good.also keep in mind that only major shopping sites like flipkart & snapdeal offer free shipping for cabinet & all other sites charge Rs.600-1000 as shipping charge depending on your location.if possible try to get cabinet locally because online shipping for cabinets is a bit risky & a lot depend on how seller pack it & how courier company handle it.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
first get seasonic s12 ii 520 at 4.2k and ditch that iball psu. you may be running into trouble with that psu and gtx 660. upgrade the cabby to nzxt gamma or better and add some case fans.

The PSU is good,no problems at all when running GTS 250,GTX 660 requires less power

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
change that psu fast as there are more chances of your card dying because of psu compared to high temps & you still need to get a decent cabinet.coolermaster make some decent cheap cabinets & its availability is also good both in local & online shops.unless you are in cities like kolkata,delhi,mumbai,bangalore,hyderabad etc only option to get Antec cabinet is through online shops.NZXT Gamma cabinet though good also has least availability & some don't like its unusual design but functionality wise it is very good.also keep in mind that only major shopping sites like flipkart & snapdeal offer free shipping for cabinet & all other sites charge Rs.600-1000 as shipping charge depending on your location.if possible try to get cabinet locally because online shipping for cabinets is a bit risky & a lot depend on how seller pack it & how courier company handle it.

What about seasonic eco 600W?

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
I will only be using a single graphics card,The Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU costs more than the Eco edition which is 600w.Which one should i go for.will there be issues with the 520W PSU as i will be using extra fans in the case

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My GTS250 card just stopped working got a new GTX 660.Now i have concerns regarding my cabinet.My current cabinet is a standard iball low budget cabinet.With a single standard sized fan.
Here is the Picture of my cabinet

View attachment 12565

I just tested the card with unigine heaven benchmark,after running for around 10 minutes the temp had reached 72 degrees.Is this high

Here are my specs:
Intel Media series board DP55WB
4 GB Ram
Iball sprinter 600W PSU
GTX 660

Can you suggest me a good cabinet may be from good brands like cooler master or antec

Budget: Below 4000 INR

Before changing your cabinet you need to change your PSU. Take this Seasonic S12II 520 -3600 and you can go for Corsair 200R -3600 for a cabinet.OK.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
corsair 200R is a bad choice when better cabinets cost less.
AnandTech | Corsair Carbide 200R Case Review: How Low Can You Go
I think I'd still recommend tracking down a BitFenix Merc Alpha or Merc Beta instead. Those enclosures are cheaper still, but offer more well rounded performance.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Avoid Corsair GS series and Seasonic Eco. Not good at all. Cheap Taiwanese and Chinese Capacitors inside. Bad soldering too. Get Seasonic S12II series or Antec VP series at the moment.

Chose a cabinet that has provisions for a Side Intake fan and Top Exhaust,it helps to cool your PC the most.

Top Bottom