Should I claim warranty?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have this monitor Dell 2216H which is about 3yrs old.

During windows login and windows update, 1-4 horizontal line appear and slowly fades away in few seconds to a minute. I don't see those lines after login. And they don't appear every time I login, it's kinda random.

If I turn off monitor using that touch button on the monitor and turn on right away, screen kinda shakes or flickers. It fades away few minutes (1-3 minutes). Again it's kinda random, don't happen all the time and the amount of flickering differs. Flickering is obvious in the edges and corners, not much or no flicker at all in the middle.

It's been like this for quite sometime now. If I have to guess, probably I would say about a year. Probably flickering isn't that long. I didn't mind much about them as they don't stay on all the time.

For the last one week or so, I am checking with plain blue screen as desktop wallpaper to know if I can see those horizontal lines after login (windows login/update screen is blue, so the reason I tried blue desktop wallpaper) and tried 2-3 shades of grey to see the flickering. It's not that apparent with other colours, so its grey.

I guess I am checking all these as it nears the end of warranty period.

I am kinda in dilemma whether I should claim warranty or not. I feel the issues doesn't seem like a very bad ones. And it's been like this for months, doesn't seem like getting worse. On other hand if I don't do it now, that I can't do it ever. At least contact Dell and hear what they have to say about it and decide later is what I feel right now.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
It can be because of faulty display cable too. Test your monitor with a different/new display cable. Similar thing happened to me once and it was happening due to the cheap HDMI cable.

Reactions: nac
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It can be because of faulty display cable too. Test your monitor with a different/new display cable. Similar thing happened to me once and it was happening due to the cheap HDMI cable.
I guess not. I have tried with their built in diagnostic tool (BID) and it still shows that horizontal lines about an inch from top and screen shake/jittery/flickering effect around the edges and corners of the monitor.
When I tried with BID, I can see the issues only in grey colour, not in any other colour (RED, BLUE, WHITE, BLACK)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It was quick and smooth. Took just two days to replace with a new one. Kudos to Dell!!!

Top Bottom