Should I buy Dell battery only from official distributor or some other vendor?

Chetan1991

Youngling
My 4 year old Inspiron 1564's battery is pretty much worn out and I'm looking for a replacement. The official Dell distributor site is selling this battery:

Dell Laptop Inspiron 1564 6 cell Battery with 56 WHr capacity

for Rs. 2900/-, whereas you can find other vendors selling a compatible battery, such as:

Lapguard Dell Inspiron 1564 Replacement 6 Cell Laptop Battery - Lapguard: Flipkart.com

for much less.
Since the laptop is getting old (~15,000 hours) and I don't know how long it will work, I'm undecided whether to buy the official battery or cheaper ones. Anyone here has bought a different brand battery? How was your experience?

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Get the battery from fk or locally. You will soon be buying a new laptop.

You have experience? I do take good care of my laptop, with proper ventilation at all times, complete disassembly and cleaning atleast once a year.

$hadow

Geek in making
You have experience? I do take good care of my laptop, with proper ventilation at all times, complete disassembly and cleaning atleast once a year.

I am not talking about care man. I am talking about hardware 4 years are one hell of a time so I said that you might itch to upgrade soon

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Although i would also advise you to buy original, but i have been using a duplicate battery for my netbook S10-2 Lenovo and it is working perfectly fine, gives backup of around 5 hours for light-medium activity

Top Bottom