Should i buy a TV or a monitor ?? Here's what i plan... Plz Guide.

ritwick123

Broken In
Hello Everyone,
I have heard that it is possible to watch TV in monitor without any TV Tuner Card with any HD DTH connection through HDMI of monitor.

So i plan to get the Dell ST2220L 22inch HD LED monitor at a price of 7500 Rs. and any HD DTH (preferably tata sky HD) for 2500Rs. Total i assume the setup would cost me 10000Rs. It would also serve me a dual purpose of having a secondary computer (as i use my laptop and a computer without monitor is lying boxed in a closet).( I also do have an ALTEC LANSING VS2621 2.1 speakers so that would solve the issue of buying a speaker.)

So is there any issue ? Should i go for it ? Will all TV function be available ? What are the problems/issues i might face for this kind of setup for watching TV 90% of the times(10% PC usage) ??This would be a fantastic cheap full HD LED TV solution for such a cheap price of 10,000 Rs.

Friends, Seniors, Geeks and all knowledgeable fellas please shed some light on this and highlight any problems/issues associated with it. Thank you.

Xbox

Inclined to Tech
Yes HDMi and AV cable can both be used simultaneously. I myself use similar configuration. My PS3 is hooked to dell U2311H via a HDMI to DVI cable. For the sudio part I use the AV cable and l have connected the same to my logitech Z506 using the white and red connectors. The video cable (yellow cable) is not being used.

And everything works just fine.

If joy.das.jd opinion is true...U just go ahead....:)

Top Bottom