Share your uBlock filter rules here.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This thread is dedicated for everyone who use uBlock Origin to share their custom filter list rules.

Here are some of mine:

fandom dot com - Removes the discord feed from the right hand side of the page and the feed at the bottom.
Code:
fandom.com##.page__right-rail
fandom.com###mixed-content-footer

youtube dot com - Removes the topic pills on the top, removes the ad entry from the list of videos
Code:
www.youtube.com###header > .ytd-rich-grid-renderer.style-scope
www.youtube.com##.ytd-rich-item-renderer.style-scope > .ytd-feed-nudge-renderer.style-scope

outlook dot com - Gets rid of the ad panel on the right side.
Code:
outlook.live.com##._1dBL6mV6xRANqjh_Z8BjN6 > ._1fti_QgAzqGWPGlqh_FSvI

I have more on my main PC. Will share them later.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
IIRC Adblock whitelists some advertisers. There used to be Adblock Edge which had a no-exception approach to advertisers. Not sure about Adblock Ultimate in particular since I have not used any Adblock since I started using uBlock Origin.

However, I think Adblock rules can still be used with uBlock though I am not sure. If someone can confirm, I will update the thread title.

D

Deleted member 345628

Code:
www.goodreads.com##.wtrRating.ratingStars.hasRating
www.goodreads.com###metacol > .stacked.uitext
www.goodreads.com###reviews

Filters Goodreads Ratings and Comments Section

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Why would you need to remove the comments section? I look at the comments to see how good a book is.

D

Deleted member 345628

Why would you need to remove the comments section? I look at the comments to see how good a book is.
Yeah but most Goodreads critics are harsh . I observed that even the decent books , receive harshest criticism . So if I look at the comments I lose interest to even start the book xD .

khalil1210

In the zone
I use ublock as site blocker
Code:
www.quora.com###root
www.reddit.com##body
twitter.com##body
youtube.com##body
9gag.com##body
news.google.com##body
www.nyoooz.com##body

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I use ublock as site blocker
Code:
www.quora.com###root
www.reddit.com##body
twitter.com##body
youtube.com##body
9gag.com##body
news.google.com##body
www.nyoooz.com##body
*media2.giphy.com/media/xL7PDV9frcudO/200.gif

khalil1210

In the zone
Why so shocked, I couldn't find a proper site blocker extension. tried to write out one, but failed. so currently using ublock origin filters. whenever i visit the above pages, it will display a blank image

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic.

But if you want to block those sites, why even try to visit them in the first place?

khalil1210

In the zone
But if you want to block those sites, why even try to visit them in the first place?
Lack of self control.

Whenever i browse sites like ( reddit / quora / YouTube) . I tend to spend a lot of time on it. Trying to reduce the time spent on these sites
Why not use hosts file for these?
I can copy the same list for android ( firefox browser+ unblock add on). I find it easier to edit in this list instead of hosts file.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
imgur: Gets rid of the distracting suggestions sidebar and the footer.
Code:
imgur.com##.Gallery-Sidebar > div
imgur.com##.Footer-wrapper

urbandictionary: Get's rid fo the irrevelant definition entries when you search for something.
Code:
www.urbandictionary.com##div.def-panel:nth-of-type(3)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Which trending section? I can't see it when I open YouTube. Perhaps I've already blocked it.

Could you share a screenshot?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Which trending section? I can't see it when I open YouTube. Perhaps I've already blocked it.

Could you share a screenshot?
This regional crap. Don't get me wrong, YT should stop pushing this crap completely.

1630796304763.png

Edit: I did it using right click -> block element and noted this was added to filter list:

Code:
www.youtube.com##.ytd-rich-section-renderer.style-scope > .ytd-rich-shelf-renderer.style-scope
www.youtube.com##ytd-rich-section-renderer.ytd-rich-grid-renderer.style-scope

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You have to be careful when removing elements since sometimes CSS classes are shared between different elements. So blocking one might block other useful elements as well

What I do personally is click on the uBlock icon, then click on the element picker icon. This allows you to highlight the element you want to block. Clicking on any element will display a dialog box in the bottom right with some sliders. Adjust the sliders for as long as the element you want to block is still highlighted. Then click preview to see if the block is working correctly. Save once you are satisfied.

Top Bottom