Shaking noise in Electrolux fridge

srdigit16

In the zone
Connected to power using stabilizer. Occasionally the refrigerator shakes with a tak tak noise. Sometimes it automatically goes off but sometimes have to switch off and on power

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Are you sure the stabilizer is working? Seems a lot like a voltage issue.

However, I doubt anybody here would be able to help you with this in anyway. It would be better contacting Electrolux customer support or some fridge repair guy.

quicky008

Technomancer
i had a samsung fridge that used to act like this-it happened especially when the voltage was unstable.Try getting your refrigerator checked by an authorized technician from their service center(not by some local repairman without proper technical knowhow-he might make things worse by trying to repair the fridge).Sometime after the rattling started in our fridge,the cooling stopped working completely and we had to trash the fridge and get a new one.A samsung technician who checked it said that the condenser had failed and was unrepairable as it was built into the body of the fridge itself (not an external one like it was with older fridges-so it could not be replaced).

Is this refrigerator a brand new one or a few years/months old?If its the latter,then how old is it exactly?

(posts by various users on quora seem to indicate these issues might also be the symptoms of a failing compressor-only an efficient repairman can confirm if its indeed the case,so better get it checked asap)

Last edited:
OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
It is old one. It was in a rented house & was not used for about an year. Now I replaced the stabilizer & seems no consistent noise till now

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Connected to power using stabilizer. Occasionally the refrigerator shakes with a tak tak noise. Sometimes it automatically goes off but sometimes have to switch off and on power

You sure stabiliser is ok? Cheap stabilisers develop a fault which may cause fluctuations.

If stabiliser is ok or your fridge has a inbuilt one, then the problem is with compressor.

It is old one. It was in a rented house & was not used for about an year. Now I replaced the stabilizer & seems no consistent noise till now

If it was in a closed one, check for damage by mouse

quicky008

Technomancer
^dont go for vguard stabilizers,i tested one of them and wasn't that impressed with its performance.

you could check this out:
APC LSW 800

Top Bottom