Serious Problem about Display......Urgent Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hi.....
I have facing a serious problem for couple of days....when i start my computer....it can't show any display....the monitor shows blank....i mean Monitor's indicator blinking like when it is OFF Mode....and the HDD's Indicator glow steadly....after couple of restart and power on/off i got the display...
So...in the last week i open the box and check ....wheather the connection is loose or not....I remove and re-insert the Auxilary Power Conector(4-Pin) and after i restart the problem was solve....and it works fine as earlier time...but today i face again the same problem....
So my question is where is the fault? May i need to change the SMPS ?
If yes....Which manufacture is the best acording to my system?
I use Intigarted Video with latest update driver...
Or the problems lies in the Video Chip ? May i need to Purchase a Grphics Card ?
if yes......I have AGP Slot 4.x suport....then my question is 4.x AGP cards Still available in the markets?
and which brand to go for?
Plz response.....Thanks

Here The Detials :-
Intel 845GBV MOBO with Intel P4 1.5 GHZ
256 MB DDR RAM 266Mhz
40GB+80GB HDD
DVD-ROM Drive
DVD-Writer
300 Watt SMPS
1.44 FDD
2 Lan Cards from D-Link
6.1ch Sound Cards (Techom)
PS/2 Mouse SAmsung Optical
PS/2 Microsoft Basic KBD

N.B:-This system run problem free still 2002....and the monitor/signal cable is absoloutly fine....i checked it.

nikdesign4u

Broken In
How old is your SMPS? What brand and power?
When did u install dvd writer? Did the problem start after that? I think u r overloading the smps.

2 HDD+2 DVD= atleast 300Watt Antec smps.

Try removing the lan and sound cards.
If possible try ur frnd's smps or agp card.

For new AGP card
all new agp cards r of 1.5V, check ur mobo manual for AGP port voltgage. It might be of 3.3 V.

If it is supporting 1.5 V then any current generation AGP 8X card will do, but at lower speed.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
nikdesign4u said:
How old is your SMPS? What brand and power?
When did u install dvd writer? Did the problem start after that? I think u r overloading the smps.

2 HDD+2 DVD= atleast 300Watt Antec smps.

Try removing the lan and sound cards.
If possible try ur frnd's smps or agp card.

For new AGP card
all new agp cards r of 1.5V, check ur mobo manual for AGP port voltgage. It might be of 3.3 V.

If it is supporting 1.5 V then any current generation AGP 8X card will do, but at lower speed.

I agree completely.
U'r overloading u'r SMPS. U need a SMPS with more power - atleast 400W. 400W SMPS are available in market but not all supply pure 400W SMPS. U should go for an Antec SMPS. It's expensive but will keep u'r PC stable. U may not get 400W in antec, only 350 or 450W. Go for 450W. When u buy u'rself a new processor+mobo, u could use that SMPS. Antec is good.
Visit www.antecindia.com for more info..

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
My SMPS run from sep,2002 and it is 300watts Mercury........I purchase DVD Writer at Oct,2005....and the problem starts in last month i,e feb-2006......

:cry: my AGP slot is 1.5 v...with 4x support
Do you know how much voltage consume the Lan cards ?
In my case i need both Lan cards......but i can remove the Sound Cards...in that case My Sounds gone forever...coz the intigrated audio chip totally spoiled couple of months ago......
So what is the price of Antec SMPS 350 W/450 W.....any idea?
My budget is max 2500/- to 3000/-
No price list is in the antec site....

g_goyal2000

Youngling
u'll probably have to put in another 1000 bucks making a total of 4000 for an Antec SMPS.
No exact idea of the price.

Even a 8x AGP card will work with u'r PC but will have to look for voltage rating (1.5 or 3.3v).

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Antec Smart Power 2.0 350W is for 2900 approx.

ya and the Mercury SMPS is the culprit. 3 years is the long time for it.
What nikdesign means is that u try using ur PC w/o thise cards for a couple of days.

1.5 V agp is th latest, earlier was 3.3 V, but 4x is old, never mind, 6200/128 MB card should suffice all ur needs.
check this link for AGP cards, do not go beyond 6600/128. and do not buy 6600 TC at all.
*www.deltapage.com/delta_graphics.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom