sempron 2600 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeeprao

Broken In
hi,
i heard about the sempron 64 bit processors and want to know if they are any good for light gaming.my comp conked off and i wanna use my outdated 9600xt so no pcie.
is sempron 2600+asusK8V-MX+1gb hynix a good combo for less than 10k
?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
not bad but....?the mobo u wanna buy is a via chipset which isnt dat powerful so betta go for nforce3 mobo-Asus K8N which wil cost u around 4.5k best chipset for 754 soc.if u can push ur budget a bit then instead of sempron u can go for AMD64 2800+(754 soc)for 5k.go for 512 DDR 400MHz ram rite now and later weneva u want u can get more ram.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
why go for nforce 3 when nforce 4 is available for the socket 754 sempron ? go for either of these ,

ASUS K8N4-E
or
ASUS K8N4E-DELUXE

Keep in mind that u will not get any onbaord vga with the nforce 3/4 boards. u will have to buy a separate agp/pci-e card.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@mohit i asked him to get a nforce3 bcoz it has a agp slot as he want a mobo wid agp.he already hav a gpu card and he want to carry on wid the same card and as far as i kno nforce4 mobo for 754 soc dun hav a agp infact pci-e so dats why.plz correct me if i m wrong.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Okay since u want to use your old AGP 9600XT then pray that it is compatible with the AGR slot offered by MSI on its Nforce 4 board for S-754. MSI K8N NEO 3 is a nforce 4 board having pci-express architecture as well as a AGR (Advanced Graphics Riser) slot.

The AGR slot is a special design that only supports compatible AGP VGA cards

Refer the chart of compatible AGP cards here,
*www.msi.com.tw/html/products/mainboard/agr/7135agr.pdf

@ Aniruddh
U stand corrected :)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
and ya even if ur 9600 XT is not compatible then i suggest going for a MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nforce 3) over any ASUS nforce3 based board. this is a legendary board ... trust me !!!

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
eva i thought of giving dis MSI option instead of Asus but the problem is it is 1k more then dat of asus as his budget is already goin up so payin more 1k wel dunno is he does dat his budget is 10k.

OP
S

sandeeprao

Broken In
is it ok if i drop the 1gb ram and get 512mb instead and get a better mobo. i got a hl2 coupon and thats y i am still wanna use it.(the joke is though that i was only able to download cs:s with my connection)
will it be a measurable boost over 2ghz+intel 845+4x agp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom