Selected components only required

daemon1

Journeyman
Hey Guys,

I am looking to upgrade my system but few components only at a time. Currently I am looking for a new Processor along with motherboard and graphics card. I already have
8 gb dd3
1 tb hdd
keyboard
mouse
550w psu
cooler master cabinet
monitor

I am looking for AMD processor only. Please suggest. My budget in 30k.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
alright if thats the case I can include RAM as well, can you please suggest something? I can increase budget for 4gb ram

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Moderate gaming and surfing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 home

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not needed as I already have 1 tb seagate HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: whatever can be utilized from my old machine like cooler master cabinet, antec 550 psu, kingston ddr3 ram, hdd

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes will do it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: will buy from amazon

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I already have gaming system and planning to replace only processor, motherboard and cpu, but ok if I have to change anything else as well

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
Dont play all the games, my games library is limited to call of duty, mortalkombat, nfs etc. Not a fan of new games.

An i5 9400F + B360M mobo(check if it has latest BIOS) + 8GB RAM + RX580 should fit under 40k. Get a 120GB SSD as well for OS, costs like 2k i think. Prices are usually lower at sites like mdcomputers & primeabgb.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
And what is your current monitor's resolution and ports available?
Benq gaming monitor Full HD, two HDMI ports available and there are couple of more ports, not sure name of those

An i5 9400F + B360M mobo(check if it has latest BIOS) + 8GB RAM + RX580 should fit under 40k. Get a 120GB SSD as well for OS, costs like 2k i think. Prices are usually lower at sites like mdcomputers & primeabgb.
I have been using AMD and if I can save some money by using AMD, I would prefer that, also, how is mdcomputers online portal? I have only used amazon and flipkart not sure of the packaging and return policy of mdcompyters?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
This if for gaming but you don't have a GPU with you now, right?
You only want CPU+MB+RAM. Don't you want a GPU for gaming?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
mdcomputers(kolkata),vedantcomputers(kolkata),primeabgb(lamington road mumbai),theitdepot(chennai) These 4 online stores are the best places for buying pc components.If you are in mumbai/pune then primeabgb is best option for you.You can visit their shop or call them & enquire if they deliver in pune for free.

Benq gaming monitor Full HD, two HDMI ports available and there are couple of more ports, not sure name of those

I have been using AMD and if I can save some money by using AMD, I would prefer that, also, how is mdcomputers online portal? I have only used amazon and flipkart not sure of the packaging and return policy of mdcompyters?
Actually, Ryzen 5 2600X (19k) is much more expensive in India than i5 9400F (12.5k) for some reason, they have a similar price in the US, in which case Ryzen would have been the way to go. Considering Ryzen 5 2400G is available for 12k, better get the new i5 9400F (it lacks integrated GPU, so dedicated GPU is a must to run it).

Buy Sapphire RX 580 Pulse OC 4GB GDDR5 (11265-32-20G) at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in
By 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-9400F Desktop Processor BX80684I59400F at Lowest Price India - Mdcomputers.in

mdcomputers(kolkata),vedantcomputers(kolkata),primeabgb(lamington road mumbai),theitdepot(chennai) These 4 online stores are the best places for buying pc components.If you are in mumbai/pune then primeabgb is best option for you.You can visit their shop or call them & enquire if they deliver in pune for free.
+1 to this

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
I can see approx 5000 difference between ryzen 5 2600x and ryzen 7 2700, where the difference of these processors can be felt in real world? is it worth going for ryzen 7 ? also which MB is best suited for either r5 or r7 under 15000?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I can see approx 5000 difference between ryzen 5 2600x and ryzen 7 2700, where the difference of these processors can be felt in real world? is it worth going for ryzen 7 ? also which MB is best suited for either r5 or r7 under 15000?
Those will be wasted for your intended usage. Would be better to go with parts @anupam_pb suggested.

Video editing, simulations, rendering of any kind & other CPU intensive tasks. In gaming the difference would be minimum, an OC'd 2600X should beat 2700 easily in gaming as most games benefit more from frequency (which is an advantage which Intel has, along with their instructions). By default, i5 9400F beats 2600X for gaming, but if you check their performance in CPU intensive tasks, 2600X is a good 20% better. An OC'd 2600X can match i5 9400F in games, so overall I'd prefer 2600X but considering the price difference in India, it's not worth it (unless you can get it for under 15k locally).

For your usage, you are just overspending by going for 19k 2600X.

A B450M motherboard will work fine for 2600X or 2700. AMD doesn't need top tier mobo for overclocking. This one is enough, no need to overspend on the motherboard:
*www.amazon.in/GIGABYTE-B450M-DS3H-...50m&qid=1557587529&refresh=1&s=gateway&sr=8-1

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD doesn't need top tier mobo for overclocking. This one is enough, no need to overspend on the motherboard
For 2600/2600x it will work(decent OC of course & not those "serious OC") but it is always recommended to get a decent mobo especially considering the hot climate of most of the regions here.
*i.redd.it/7n48gewun0p21.png

For 2600/2600x it will work(decent OC of course & not those "serious OC") but it is always recommended to get a decent mobo especially considering the hot climate of most of the regions here.
*i.redd.it/7n48gewun0p21.png
I still think for budget conscious users, better to not over spend. I doubt OP would OC it too much, if at all any.

Top Bottom