Select cofig. for new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

santoshjagade

Right off the assembly line
I am configuring a machine for myself at the budget of 25,000 to 30,000 max. So please do help me for assembling one and my main area of work and interest is that of a .NET/JAVA programming n some time gaming.

Config:
Processor: Core 2 Quad Q6600,Q9300 or core 2 Due E8400,E7200(Available in pune),E8200,E8300(not Available)

Motherboard: You decide the best. I m selecting Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L/GA-EP45-DQ6

Transcend 2gb DDR2 ram/ any other good manufacture.

Seagate, Maxtor (Which one?) - 250gb SATA

Cabinet: iBall (Entry Level Designer Cabinet).

Optical Drive (DVD-RW) - Liteon/ LG

K/B - iball/Microsoft

Sound Box i-sound (2.0 Speakers)

Display 19" LCD Samsung/ViewSonic/LG (Which one?)

UPS Intex 600W

Exceptions, if i can have on my motherboard is that in feature i can place the higher processor also

If u have any other better option or opinion than i have recommended or decided than please do recommend it as fast as u can as i want to assemble it in 3 days. Please do design it in such a way so that it is future proof for at least 6 years and also future ready to support newer and faster hardware's.

Also i want to know about the power consumption of Intel Processors. n Out of all about which one is better for Programming.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
E7200 + Abit IP35e + Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz + 250GB Seagate 7200.11 HDD + Palit 9600GSO 384MB GDDR3 + iBall Gamer + CM 500W PSU + 19" Samsung LCD + iBall Multimedia kbd/mouse + Sound Box i-Sound speakers.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
your budget dont seem to allow for the spec you are thinking of

check here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71700

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am configuring a machine for myself at the budget of 25,000 to 30,000 max. So please do help me for assembling one and my main area of work and interest is that of a .NET/JAVA programming n some time gaming.

Config:
Processor: Core 2 Quad Q6600,Q9300 or core 2 Due E8400,E7200(Available in pune),E8200,E8300(not Available)

Motherboard: You decide the best. I m selecting Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L/GA-EP45-DQ6

K/B - iball/Microsoft

UPS Intex 600W

Exceptions, if i can have on my motherboard is that in feature i can place the higher processor also

If u have any other better option or opinion than i have recommended or decided than please do recommend it as fast as u can as i want to assemble it in 3 days. Please do design it in such a way so that it is future proof for at least 6 years and also future ready to support newer and faster hardware's.

Also i want to know about the power consumption of Intel Processors. n Out of all about which one is better for Programming.

6yrs?? are you kidding by any chance???

If you want something that should be ready to support newer ande faster h/w, wait for Intel's nehalem platform that is coming out this september. Yes, they will be costly but are future proof and the core2 architecture is getting old.

For your budget, go for AMD's config with a 3850 card.

1) AMD phenom X3
2) Gigabyte 780G based motherboard
3) 2gig ddr2 800 RAM
4) ATI HD3850 or ATI HD2600XT
5) seagate 250 gig hdd.

tkin

Back to school!!

Config:

K/B - iball/Microsoft

UPS Intex 600W

6 yrs futureproof:!::!::!::!::!:. Are you kidding???????
YOU CAN NOT BUY ANY PC AT THIS MOMENT THAT IS FUTUREPROOF FOR MORE THAN 2.5-3 yrs, EVEN IF YOU WERE BILL GATES.:D

x3060

A LOTR fan
well , according to his needs stated the c2d or amd config suggested will easier last for 3 years.
i suggest you look for amd , that way you can easily maximize the budget and get a better system and card.
3 cores will easily run all your apps and the card coupled with 780g will run in hybrid mode giving you a boost in graphics performance.
you will later be able to run the "distant future (really far, am talking about) " in atleast 1024*768 in medium res too.
but, yes the choice is up to you
if you want intel please do go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom