SEKIRO - Shadows Die Twice

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Eat Gachin's sugar and take out his minions, run away if he aggros he will give up after sometime. Rinse-repeat until he is alone. The boss fight itself is easy if you can manage to stay behind him. Look for openings when he buffs his sword where you can get a number of attacks.

The real boss fight is the granny however.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Eat Gachin's sugar and take out his minions, run away if he aggros he will give up after sometime. Rinse-repeat until he is alone. The boss fight itself is easy if you can manage to stay behind him. Look for openings when he buffs his sword where you can get a number of attacks.
Wew, thanks! If the minions are dead, then the would would be much better. PS. Its hilarious however, how I thought that fromsoft did a downgrade with ekiro and made it much easier than dark souls, but man, this single boss fight changed my mind.

The real boss fight is the granny however.
I never though I'll be scared again of a grandma after childhood but really this grandma is really starting to scare my now lol :lol:.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Are you using potions ? (Atk, Defense & Stamina) Use them.

Follow this guide and focus on Archer first. Juzou has 2 red dots and you can Silent Kill him twice (yes its possible...u just have to lose line of sight and Silent kill from behind. But that will make the fight too easy hence Silent Kill him once and follow his attack patterns)

The Granny is PITA to kill.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
you can Silent Kill him twice
What?

If you lose aggro, the red dots will reset as well. I tried this with the Chained Ogre, that's how I know. I don't think you can stealth kill any boss twice after losing aggro.

Æsoteric Positron

Are you using potions ? (Atk, Defense & Stamina) Use them.
Nah, I didn't even knew this game had potions, I had also been using less consumables cause supply is short (I have met very less sellers (1) till now).
Follow this guide and focus on Archer first.
Ohk, though I saw that guide I never used it as I was trying to play like the first guide you linked to till yesterday.

But that will make the fight too easy hence Silent Kill him once and follow his attack patterns)
Ohk, I will focus on all these tips from now and forget the first guide as is had not been working for me.
The Granny is PITA to kill.
What's PITA?
I tried this with the Chained Ogre, that's how I know.
But why did you tried this tactic tho, he IS moderately difficult(easily took his 1st health bar, tho 2end is difficult) but I heard from the nearby guard that
fire
makes him really vulnerable, then I heard from the trader from buying his tip that
I was looking for something in firecity and it was related to fire
I put 2 and 2 together, and thought I had to complete firecity to get the required item to finish the red eyed(oger) off.

This is the sole reason I had been persuading that quest.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What?

If you lose aggro, the red dots will reset as well. I tried this with the Chained Ogre, that's how I know. I don't think you can stealth kill any boss twice after losing aggro.
I think we can kill with 2 silent kills...I remember I tried this method on one of mini BOSS.

Chained Ogre is vulnerable to fire. Try to Eavesdropping all the Enemies u find and they reveal weakness of the upcoming BOSS.

Its not potions, its Sugars u get :)
PITA: Pain in the a$$.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Ohk, though I saw that guide I never used it as I was trying to play like the first guide you linked to till yesterday.
Lol don't always rely on guides, some bosses RNG can screw you over and you will be left to fight on your own many times.

For example, the "Sekiro Guru" video guide on the second owl fight is fully wrong because the video says to dash behind him and stab him, but when I try it, he quickly turns around and hits me.

But why did you tried this tactic tho, he IS moderately difficult(easily took his 1st health bar, tho 2end is difficult) but I heard from the nearby guard that
That was in the beginning when I first encountered him. Back then I didn't know his weakness to fire, I thought I will stealth deathblow him and simply retreat for him to lose aggro and then stealth deathblow him again, easy. But later I realized that if you stealth deathblow an enemy once and lose aggro, the deathblow points reset.

Æsoteric Positron

I think we can kill with 2 silent kills...I remember I tried this method on one of mini BOSS.
I think it changed, as it said online.

Its not potions, its Sugars u get :)
Oh, yeah I know about sugars.
PITA: Pain in the a$$.
oh, lol.
Lol don't always rely on guides, some bosses RNG can screw you over and you will be left to fight on your own many times.
Yeah, RNG and perfect timing.

Æsoteric Positron

AT LAST!

I killed him thus -:
1. I killed all the enemies before the area.
2.Killed all the "minions" (as loving called by @Desmond David ) of the miniboss.
3.Now I saved my game and put it in a safe location. Thus I reloaded the game and location of boss was reset.
4.Backstabbed the miniboss to take out 1st reddot. (like guide) but there was a plus now, no minions were now left.
5.Tried killing the boss with the npc, failed savescrubbed from pt.3
6.Repeat (x10 IIRC)
7. VICTORY.

I was super excited to see at least a useful weapon as a reward, but nothing. Even more I met
Grandma
just next door. Though, this time I was in " the flow" and even managed to bring the health of
Grandma
dangerously close to 1less circle. Though I dunno wtf the seed is supposed to be used in this battle for.

Though this fight is more interesting and overall fun than the druken sumo one(I can focus on the battle instead of killing 100 b@$τ@®Đ$ first), still PITA tho.

Also @Zangetsu, don't worry that the npc was killed during the battle, he is useless. For me, he was saved, but after helping in battle, he just despawns
( more like killed by granny)
, after commenting the fight was really hard for him, a old man. Honestly seems like the only guy that found this fight too difficult was me, even the NPC is not bothered by it!

Æsoteric Positron

It can also help with certain other bosses, just saying.
Oh, so I may save for later it?
IDK, I was looking for an inline spoiler tag and found this.
Turned out useless for me tho, lol. I selected the text earlier(when u first sent info about mr owl but those don't work if you select them :,)

Now that fits the "Adventurer" badge on your profile
I actually learned 90% of the features of digit forum, but just observing what @Desmond David did

Æsoteric Positron

MASSIVE PROGRASSION BOIS

I was just putting my soul in the butterfly grandmother, and even managed to put her at half health. But at last even the funkin' game asked me to stop (some enemies in the memories can be especially difficult, you may want to progress in some other area and come back later), unheard of fromsoft eh? So, I went to the old shinobi in the temple and offered him the drink MR. annoying miniboss-drunk-fatty gave me. He talked some rubbish and said the name of some man(_______) (I don't remember Japanese names) who cut his arm because he was consumed by something(______) (fill in the blanks lol). Then I got to the thief who had got now dragonrot, and its really sad (its amazing how fromsoft do that) how I have no dried up cough blood crystal to cure him. I tried my hand @ the chained ogre , and I silent kill him like @Desmond David did, and then I defeated him. Then I silent kill all the enemies in nearby area and then even manage to kill the miniboss (took one circle by silent killing) there. Now I am just figuring out the puzzle in the next area to proceed-:
Turn back if you can
You cannot behead the headless
Our swords and spikes did nothing
(WTF lol)
and figuring out where to go next.

PS. tell me if you want/like these types of blogs/progess report and should I keep doing it , or you hate it, then I will stop.

Top Bottom