SEKIRO - Shadows Die Twice

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Okay. so I am starting this game today.

I will master the gameplay. But let me know if there are collectibles in the game ? and secret areas to be missed.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Okay. so I am starting this game today.

I will master the gameplay. But let me know if there are collectibles in the game ? and secret areas to be missed.
There are a few secret areas though they are not that major. There are no collectables that I can think of, like the souls series.

Like the souls series your main currency is Sen and you lose 50% of it when you die. The game has an XP system, unlike the souls series, where you gain XP by killing enemies. If you get enough you gain a skill point you can spend on the skill tree.

If you are starting out, I suggest practicing deflection on some easy enemy. While its not crucial, it's something that can make boss fights end faster if your reaction time is on point.

Also, no stamina meter, so you can spring indefinitely and attack without worrying about stamina.

Zangetsu

Ok, so there is only one smash button X and no light or strong attack button. No weapon variety for the Shinobi.
Game is tough need patience to learn enemy attack pattern.
Counter Deflection makes the fight easy, but have to be cautious when pinned down by multiple enemies.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You have your Shinobi prosthetic weapons as an alternative to strong attack. You can also do a strong attack by holding the attack button, but this will most useful in boss fights rather than for taking down normal enemies.

Note that almost all attacks can be deflected except sweep attacks and grab attacks.

Zangetsu

the trident wielding enemies are tough. Need a better timing to kill them. How many attack moves they have ?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
the trident wielding enemies are tough. Need a better timing to kill them. How many attack moves they have ?
You mean the shinobi hunter? The ones wearing white clothes with covered face?

Their main attack is thrusting with the spear, so when they do that, use your Mikiri counter skill.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Their main attack is thrusting with the spear, so when they do that, use your Mikiri counter skill.
Couldn't help remembering this:
*kenichi.fandom.com/wiki/Vishnu_Trishul_Wave

Do check out the profile of the character using above attack :lol:
*kenichi.fandom.com/wiki/Cyril_Rahman

Zangetsu

Thrusting spear & countering with Mikiri is okay for me. But they have another attack where the circle the spear multiple times and one deadly attack is the one which hangs the character above the tip of their spear.

@whitestar_999 : Ah! that real life and this is video game :D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It just stuck to mind after the first time I read this move by accident in HSDK manga chapter which I was just taking a look at because of auto suggest. Japanese sure incorporate a lot of Indian mythology in their content.:)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Thrusting spear & countering with Mikiri is okay for me. But they have another attack where the circle the spear multiple times and one deadly attack is the one which hangs the character above the tip of their spear.

Ah, that attack cannot be deflected IIRC, only have to avoid.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, it's a very well optimized game. Like Dark Souls 3.

If your machine can run Dark Souls 3, then you can run this.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes. I got all of them. Took a while though.

For Lady Butterfly, equip the shuriken prosthetic and hit her when she's in the air. Hit her only when she's down or lowers her guard. Attacking directly won't do much since she will deflect all your attacks. Rather it's best if you let her attack and you deflect her attacks instead. In the 2nd phase, use Snapseed to get rid of the illusions or just run away from them.

The flame thrower can also be used if you can time it correctly.

Zangetsu

Finally defeated Lady Butterfly. Now in the area with a Giant Anaconda White Snake. Looks like I have to hide from it and move slowly.

Top Bottom