SEKIRO - Shadows Die Twice

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like there will be no multiplayer whatsoever - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has multiple endings, but “no multiplayer”

However, I still feel irritated that Activision is publishing this.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^Why ? u hate Activision
I am not alone, everyone is angry about this. Activision is one of the worst publishers. Everyone is expecting that they will screw with the game somehow.

Though I hope From Software will manage to strong arm them not to fuck with their game.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I bought it and started playing. The game looks good, feels like Dark Souls but has many new mechanics.

Edit:

First impressions: The game seems much harder than Dark Souls, mostly because of the new combat mechanics. There is no roll and combat emphasis is on countering enemies effectively. There is also an added emphasis on stealth.

Also there is no PvP or Coop, so this is fully single player.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is this harder than Dark Souls ?
Yeah, but I think its subjective.

It will feel hard in the beginning since the mechanics are very different from Dark Souls. But as you get used to it it will begin to feel easier.

There is no stamina management, so you can sprint indefinitely and attack continuously. There are only two things you have to keep track of while fighting: Vitality and Posture. Vitality is health, and posture is kind of like poise. Every time you attack an enemy or an enemy attacks you, you take some posture damage, regardless of whether you have deflected, blocked or taken the hit. When the posture bar gets full you or the enemy is "posture broken". In such a case, you can execute a "death blow" on the enemy which will kill them instantly regardless of how much health they have. On case of bosses you may have to do multiple such death blows. Therefore, learning to damage posture is crucial if you want to win fights faster.

Enemies take higher posture damage by deflecting and counter attacking their attacks. Therefore, if you have an enemy who attacks in rapid succession, you will have to deflect quickly and this will fill up the enemy's posture bar quickly, allowing you to end the fight quickly. This is REQUIRED for certain bosses. Timing your deflections correctly will help you finish otherwise hard bosses quickly otherwise its a grind if you try to fight them like Dark Souls.

Thus, combat in Sekiro rewards you if you manage to go face to face with an enemy rather than rolling and backstabbing like Dark Souls.

Also, there are no i-frames when dodging and there is no roll mechanic. Only time you can roll is when you are posture broken and fall to the ground, when that happens you can roll out of the way of the enemy attack and get back to your feet. Lack of i-frames is offset by giving you the ability to jump.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I played it for sometime feels harder to beat enemies also it don't have good guiding system what to do next you can play hiding and not engage into enemies or engaging everyone

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I played it for sometime feels harder to beat enemies also it don't have good guiding system what to do next you can play hiding and not engage into enemies or engaging everyone
This is a typical From Software game. There is no hand holding, it is up to you to explore and find out where to progress. No shame in looking up guides or walkthroughs though, I do the same when I feel stuck or encounter a boss that I find too hard.

Also, stealth is a new mechanic introduced in this game compared to Dark Souls, but it is better to use it to kill enemies than to avoid enemies since you get skill points every time to kill an enemy. Whenever you die, you will lose 50% of your skill progress to and 50% of your money, so it's better to keep stocking up as much as you can.

Like I said before, deflection is a critical skill to learn since it will make a lot of boss fights easy. There is an undead samurai named Hanbei (right of the main exit) near the dilapidated temple on whom you can practice your deflections and counters.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Okay, I have clocked 65 hours this game and boy oh boy, what an experience. Right now, only the final boss is left.

I must say, this is definitely the hardest game From has released so far. Took me ~30 attempts to beat some bosses, even after looking up guides. But goddamn, beating them finally feels really good.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Okay, I have clocked 65 hours this game and boy oh boy, what an experience. Right now, only the final boss is left.

I must say, this is definitely the hardest game From has released so far. Took me ~30 attempts to beat some bosses, even after looking up guides. But goddamn, beating them finally feels really good.
I know how that feels after 30 attempts :D

Top Bottom