Seeking Motherboard and RAM for 7950X3D Build

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Hi everyone,

I recently scored a killer deal on a 7950X3D CPU from Amazon USA, prompting me to upgrade from my 5900X build. I had been considering an upgrade for a while, initially waiting for the Ryzen 9000 series release. Unfortunately, the reviews for those CPUs were disappointing. Just as I was about to postpone my upgrade until the next generation was announced, I found an incredible offer for the 7950X3D at just $430, which even included two free games. Given AMD's commitment to supporting the AM5 platform for a few more years, I thought it made sense to go ahead with this purchase and leave the door open for a future CPU upgrade without needing to replace other components.

As an entrepreneur, computer scientist, and trader, this PC will serve as my primary workstation. My work involves AI/ML, developing applications like multi-threaded crawlers and web automation bots, as well as web browsing, occasional gaming, and video editing. I'm planning to build a white-themed rig, and here’s what my current build looks like:

CategorySelectionSourcePrice
CPUAMD Ryzen™ 9 7950X3DAmazon USA₹36,000 (Purchased)
MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI / ASRock X670E Steel LegendOut of stock everywhereBudget: Under ₹40,000
RAMG.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5 6000MHz CL30 (White)Out of stock everywhereBudget: Under ₹23000
Graphic CardEVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra GamingReusing from previous build (plan to upgrade to a 5090 once it comes out)NA
StorageWD_Black SN850X 4TB NVME + Kingston Fury Renegade 2TB NVME + Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + Other hard drives (both internal and external)Reusing from previous buildNA
CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad II Trinity SL-INF ARGB 360mm CPU Liquid Cooler (White)MDComputers₹15781 (Purchased)
Power SupplySuper Flower Leadex VII XG 1300W ATX 3.0 Gold SMPSMDComputers₹17360 (Purchased)
CabinetLian Li O11 Vision (White)Clarion Computers₹14590 (Purchased)
Fans3x Lian Li UNI Fan SL-Infinity 140 Reverse Blade (Single Packs) + 3x Lian Li UNI Fan SL Infinity 120 Reverse Blade (Single Packs)Amazon USA₹15000 (Purchased)
Other AccessoriesLian Li Strimer Plus V2 24-Pin ARGB Motherboard Extension CableComputech Store₹5400 (Purchased)

The problem I am having now is finding a motherboard and RAM to complete my setup. I want a motherboard that is future-proof since I may upgrade the CPU again later, and it should have at least two display ports to support my six-monitor setup—my GPU only has four outputs. I’ve done quite a bit of research and narrowed my options down to the motherboards listed above (although both come with their own set of problems based on reviews I read), as they meet most of my criteria. Regarding RAM, while I could easily get a Kingston Fury 64GB CL30 kit, I’d prefer G.Skill, as I've had great experiences with their products in the past.

However, I've noticed a significant shortage of good (white) X670E motherboards in India. I've checked numerous stores and websites without much luck. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on my build, and if anyone can hook me up with a dealer who has these parts, that would be amazing (I'm based in Delhi btw).

Thank you!

Top Bottom