*i.imgur.com/CCj9yaa.png
*i.imgur.com/TCwIP04.png
*i.imgur.com/wXldK1D.png
*i.imgur.com/TGVh3KP.png

Thanks & Regards,
BSSunil Reddy

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
it is an oem hdd, so basically you may have to raise a warranty request for whole laptop in case of a hdd failure- that too until the expiry of the laptop's warranty. so it is a no-warranty hdd when you sell this to someone else! just my 2 cents.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Correct,OEM hdd warranty is provided by OEM(aka laptop manufacturer in this case & obviously it should be inside their laptop & laptop should be in warranty).Just noticed warranty validation pic,it is OEM hdd taken out from a laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^Correct,OEM hdd warranty is provided by OEM(aka laptop manufacturer in this case & obviously it should be inside their laptop & laptop should be in warranty).Just noticed warranty validation pic,it is OEM hdd taken out from a laptop.

And yet op is not editing the post instead bumping the thread on other forums :facepalm:

billubakra

Conversation Architect

How did you guys know that it is a OEM hdd?

Last edited by a moderator:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@billubakra check the warranty status validation pic,it shows warranty status as "component" & then in the definition below states "the product you identified was sold as a system component.Please contact your place of purchase for service".

@bssunilreddy edit your post where you say warranty is till Jan 2020 as it is not correct for an OEM hdd.You should mention that it is an oem hdd with no warranty & obviously you have to reduce the price too as expected for a product without warranty.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
If you are interested then buy it.

Did I ask for your opinion? No right?

That is not an opinion. It is a fact. Even after knowing the fact, if you really try to sell a product by mentioning it has 2 years of warranty for which a buyer will not be able to raise a warranty request for is a clear action of fraud. This is not a gaming or a laundry section. This involves exchange of real money and you, as an advocate, must be knowing the consequences of fraud attempt more than me right?

My post was solely intended to help potential buyers to know the facts right so that they don't get cheated!

It is good to know that you have edited your post.

A Special Note to any potential buyers on internet : Make sure you are eligible for all the claims mentioned in original post. Check before you buy. Prevention is always better than cure.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
That is not an opinion. It is a fact. Even after knowing the fact, if you really try to sell a product by mentioning it has 2 years of warranty for which a buyer will not be able to raise a warranty request for is a clear action of fraud. This is not a gaming or a laundry section. This involves exchange of real money and you, as an advocate, must be knowing the consequences of fraud attempt more than me right?

My post was solely intended to help potential buyers to know the facts right so that they don't get cheated!

It is good to know that you have edited your post.

A Special Note to any potential buyers on internet : Make sure you are eligible for all the claims mentioned in original post. Check before you buy. Prevention is always better than cure.
Mine a brand new HDD.
Saying 2 years warranty is not fraud because in case of RMA the warranty can be availed by raising a RMA ticket for the whole laptop and get the HDD serviced. So there is no fraud here.

Oh my God, you seems to provide justice where ever justice is denied right?

So join any legal forum and provide your services free of cost.

Note: I never asked about your opinion and nobody asked also.

Sent from my Smartron SRT kT5524 using Tapatalk

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Mine a brand new HDD.
Saying 2 years warranty is not fraud because in case of RMA the warranty can be availed by raising a RMA ticket for the whole laptop and get the HDD serviced. So there is no fraud here.

Awesome! Good luck with your sale.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@bssunilreddy what you are saying only holds true for you as only you can physically show the laptop at authorized service centre to raise a RMA ticket for hdd.I don't know of any service centre for laptop that allows one to raise a RMA ticket without physically showing the laptop at service centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom