Screen Recorder & Photo Size Reducer

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

Which is a good screen recorder for Android which can record atleast 60fps in high quality?

Also please suggest a good photo size reducer app. There are many. Say once has clicked photos, of documents mainly, in a month. They are sorted date wise in a folder. Now these apps does provide an option for batch converting but the output folder does not have them sorted date wise. In the output folder they are sorted like day 7, day 15, day 2, day 24 etc. Now as we are reducing the size for them say today so in the exif the converted files will show today's date and it will sort them in any manner. I hope you get the point. Is there any way or any app that can sort them as they are?
Any camera app which can click photos and convert them to short size at the time of clicking a photo itself?

Thanks

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The default screen recorder works best (if given in ROM).

Any Camera app will reduce the output size if u play with settings specially, Quality, Resolutions, Format etc.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The default screen recorder works best (if given in ROM).

Any Camera app will reduce the output size if u play with settings specially, Quality, Resolutions, Format etc.
Not in rom, can you please suggest one?
It will be very inconvenient if one has to change the settings again and again. Any camera app that can take small size photos, especially of documents, that you can suggest?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
By default all stock camera app name files by attaching date & time of the shot taken & any converting software with an option to retain file name should also output a file with similar name with something extra attached at end so by sorting name wise it is same as sorting date wise.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
By default all stock camera app name files by attaching date & time of the shot taken & any converting software with an option to retain file name should also output a file with similar name with something extra attached at end so by sorting name wise it is same as sorting date wise.
Nope they are naming it randomly. Can you suggest a software which names it like you have mentioned

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en_IN

This only adds resolution detail to end of file name. If you mean your stock camera app is naming randomly then that is very rare because I don't know of any stock camera app that does that.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en_IN

This only adds resolution detail to end of file name. If you mean your stock camera app is naming randomly then that is very rare because I don't know of any stock camera app that does that.
Using this app only. Converted 5-10 photos but got the result as posted above. No, I didn't mean the stock but the third party photo resizer app.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using this app only. Converted 5-10 photos but got the result as posted above. No, I didn't mean the stock but the third party photo resizer app.
I just checked & for me it just append the resolution details to end of file name.e.g. if original file name is P_20200327_141340.jpg then resized image is P_20200327_141340-576x1024.jpg. How is is working differently for you?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I just checked & for me it just append the resolution details to end of file name.e.g. if original file name is P_20200327_141340.jpg then resized image is P_20200327_141340-576x1024.jpg. How is is working differently for you?
Naming is like that only.
I go to the app- Select photos- go to the folder in which the photos are- sort them by selecting modified from top- then reduce the to 20%- in the output folder they are not arranged date wise but are arranged randomly

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Naming is like that only.
I go to the app- Select photos- go to the folder in which the photos are- sort them by selecting modified from top- then reduce the to 20%- in the output folder they are not arranged date wise but are arranged randomly
I am not getting it, the original files in a folder can be sorted time wise based on their file names. Same can be done with output files in another folder. What's the issue then.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am not getting it, the original files in a folder can be sorted time wise based on their file names. Same can be done with output files in another folder. What's the issue then.
Folder A has 70 files taken on different dates in a month/year. These images are arranged by clicking on modified and then selected in that app from bottom to top, from date 1 to last date and then conversion is started.
Folder B, the output folder, has these 70 files now but they are not arranged randomly. Now if we use modified they stay arranged in same random manner. If you open the details/exif info of these files the date and time will be of current date, when you started the conversion.

Any other software to record screen in 60fps videos?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Folder A has 70 files taken on different dates in a month/year. These images are arranged by clicking on modified and then selected in that app from bottom to top, from date 1 to last date and then conversion is started.
Folder B, the output folder, has these 70 files now but they are not arranged randomly. Now if we use modified they stay arranged in same random manner. If you open the details/exif info of these files the date and time will be of current date, when you started the conversion.

The new generated files will have today's date as modified date, the only thing unchanged will be the created date of the file. You will have to sort them with created date and not the modified date.

This will help: Screen Recorder & Video Capture, My Video Recorder - Apps on Google Play

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

modified date/exif info won't be copied from original files. Have you tried sorting the files name wise?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The new generated files will have today's date as modified date, the only thing unchanged will be the created date of the file. You will have to sort them with created date and not the modified date.

This will help: Screen Recorder & Video Capture, My Video Recorder - Apps on Google Play
There is no option to sort by creation or modified date. Will get back about the recorder link.

modified date/exif info won't be copied from original files. Have you tried sorting the files name wise?
Name wise sorts in file manager just fine as after the default IMG_xxxx everything is numbered. But in the gallery again randomly.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Name wise sorts in file manager just fine as after the default IMG_xxxx everything is numbered. But in the gallery again randomly.
Not randomly,stock gallery apps in almost all phones don't support sorting by name,only by date which in case of converted/resized photo will be the date of conversion. Try this app,it says it can sort by name:
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fstop.photo

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks. Will get back about it. Nothing can be done in stock gallery?
Any video recorder which can help in recording hq meetings online with sound? Most are not recording sound, I think new rule of skynet.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No,as far as I know all stock gallery apps sort by date only.

You mean android screen capture,which phone/android are you using.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
No,as far as I know all stock gallery apps sort by date only.

You mean android screen capture,which phone/android are you using.
Let me recheck.

Need it for S7. The inbuilt in my friends 5t also isn't working. Apps like EZ Screen recorder have mentioned a line that Google is not allowing or something.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me recheck.

Need it for S7. The inbuilt in my friends 5t also isn't working. Apps like EZ Screen recorder have mentioned a line that Google is not allowing or something.
Does S7 come with stock android? Usually google restrictions are applicable for stock android roms or when manufacturer has enabled them(e.g.xiaomi,real,samsung etc have decided not to implement the call recording restrictions of google policy in India for android 9/10).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Does S7 come with stock android? Usually google restrictions are applicable for stock android roms or when manufacturer has enabled them(e.g.xiaomi,real,samsung etc have decided not to implement the call recording restrictions of google policy in India for android 9/10).
One UI. I think Google is pressing the oem's hard. Recently they pressed Xiaomi for not included their logo on their phone boxes lol

Top Bottom