screen mirroring on toshiba regza lcd tv

bhanvra

Right off the assembly line
hello to all,

i have an old toshiba regza lcd 32 inch tv. it supports hdmi. in this lockdown, i got bored of watching series on my small screen and so thought of screen mirroring my laptop onto the above mentioned tv through a hdmi wire cable.

the connection was successful. the videos are playing and the audio is also good. but the problem with the video is that on the laptop, it is full screen while on lcd tv, the screen is cropped i.e. not full screen. tried resetting the display properties but no luck so far.

please help. i am attaching the images hoping that someone would take a look and help. the laptop has onboard intel graphic chipset.

the laptop that i am using is hp probook 4410s.

regards.

Attachments

• display adapter.jpg
    display adapter.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 119
  • normal laptop screen.jpeg
    normal laptop screen.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 120
  • normal tv screen.jpeg
    normal tv screen.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 147
  • screen mirroring.jpeg
    screen mirroring.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 136

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you press "window key"+P combination(the usual shortcut for connecting external screen to laptop) 3 options come up out of which you need to select "second screen only" aka the option which turns off the laptop display & only external display is active else if you just "duplicate" the display then external display will only show the resolution of laptop screen which will most likely be 1366*768 & not full HD 1080p.

OP
B

bhanvra

thanks for replying.

already did that, no luck.

although just for information, when i used the extend option, the tv screen was full, so to speak. in the duplicate or second screen option as well, i face the above problem

i think there is a tweak or some setting change that i have not been able to access somehow.

OP
B

bhanvra

i am attaching some screenshots. apparently, i have onboard intel graphics yet no intel drivers. am i missing something out in plain sight?

Attachments

• intel graphics control panel.jpg
    intel graphics control panel.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 153
  • intel website 1.jpg
    intel website 1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 127
  • intel website 2.jpg
    intel website 2.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 116
OP
B

bhanvra

managed to bring it to scale by changing some settings. thank you so much for your help and for taking out your time

OP
B

bhanvra

lowered down the screen resolution of second screen from original value to 1280 * 720 and then used your advice to lower down the values for over scanning

thank you again for taking out time to reply to this post

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I finally got it, your TV has 1280*720p resolution only & that was the reason for the issue(I assumed tv has 1080p resolution).
*www.croma.com/toshiba-80-cm-32-inch-lcd-tv-32pb1e-/p/167564

Btw that TV is very old, get a full HD 1080p screen or TV as they are very cheap nowadays.:) Any issue/suggestion needed then just ask here.

Top Bottom