Sandisk XC vs A1 memory cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

What is the difference between this
*www.amazon.in/SanDisk-Ultra-MicroS...browse-bin:1484867031|1484868031,p_89:SanDisk
and this card, except the speed 80mb/s vs 100mb/s
*www.amazon.in/SanDisk-microSDXC-Me...browse-bin:1484867031|1484868031,p_89:SanDisk

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
A1 is latest classification(just like class 10,UHS-1 etc):
Application Performance Class - SD Association

In simple terms,two cards with same read/write speeds but different IOPS/random read write speeds,the card with better random read write speeds/IOPS will perform better when both cards are used to run apps.A1 rating will make a difference only if you are planning on installing apps in card.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
A1 is latest classification(just like class 10,UHS-1 etc):
Application Performance Class - SD Association

In simple terms,two cards with same read/write speeds but different IOPS/random read write speeds,the card with better random read write speeds/IOPS will perform better when both cards are used to run apps.A1 rating will make a difference only if you are planning on installing apps in card.

In the video she is talking about A1 and A2 class. Now as per the above posted links the A1 is expensive than the XC one and A2 is not anywhere to be found.
So, out of the two below which one should one buy. I hope the A1 cards doesn't require a special device. It might be used in a phone or in a camera.
*www.amazon.in/SanDisk-microSDXC-Me...browse-bin:1484867031|1484868031,p_89:SanDisk
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-MicroSDXC-Me...32&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=64+gb+memory+card+a2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom