Sandbox deleted, yet previous download resumes

BhargavJ

In the zone
Hello,

I've been using Sandboxie for a long time. I always open the browser sandboxed. I've been using Firefox for quite some time, but lately I've started using Waterfox (64 bit).

From what I understand, when you open a browser sandboxed, everything opens within a sandboxed folder (C:\Sandbox), and nothing gets out of the sandbox folder unless you manually recover files.

The problem I'm facing is this: sometimes when I save a web page, and for some reason the page doesn't save properly (showing its downloading, for a long time), I cancel the download. Then after the browsing completes, I delete the Sandbox folder; I do this every time. What is happening is, even after cancelling the download and later deleting the sandbox folder, when I restart the browser afterwards, the Sandboxie program suddenly gives a dialog box about recovering files (the same web page that I had tried downloading earlier). This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen, and it has happened more than once.

When I move the mouse along the edges of the browser, the yellow border shows up, so it means the browser is sandboxed, and I never open the browser un-sandboxed.

So what could be causing this?

:)

Top Bottom