there is no update after 4.1 jellybean
i got 4.4 kikat
mine problem is i dont get option of live video on instagram
also airtel mobile app and some other android softwares is incompatiable

where to get update so i can update to 5.0 atleast

Last edited:

Prasad Kharkande

Right off the assembly line
  • Samsung_GT-I8552 is having 1GB of ram and with 1.2GHz Cortex A5 quad core processor. you will not get any Official O.S upgrades from Samsung.
  • If u really want to upgrade your O.S to Android 5.0 then you will have to root your phone and then install the android version which ever you want...
  • So basically for a android O.S (version 5.0 and above ) requires 450 to 512 Mb Ram.
  • The Samsung GT-I8552 is having 1 GB ob ram ..So i would suggest to not to upgrade (root your phone).
For more details to upgrade your O.S go to XDA developer website for more details and procedure to upgrade O.S.

NOTE: Be aware, the moment you root your device all warranties and insurances are cancelled. Root and Flash is at your own risk and can lead to bootloops, frozen load screens, and even completely dead devices if YOU make a mistake in following the steps.

RECOMMENDATION: Upgrade yourself to a new phone having atleast 3GB or more Ram and a good processor which will make all the heavy app like Instagram , Snapchat etc to work smoothly..

Top Bottom