samsung users please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintin

Broken In
FOR ALL SAMSUNG USERS,i have a samsung x100 mobile phone .can i use it to browse internet in my computer using airtel gprs.what are the software and hardware needed.I HAD EARLIER POSTED THIS QUESTION in the general section,but due to lack of response i am posting this on the mobile section.thank u.

OP
T

tintin

Broken In
anyone having samsung mobile please help

does no one here have a samsung mobile,a c100 would do.can i browse internet on my computer using my samsung X100 and airtel GPRS.I repeat on my computer not on my wap browser.please please help.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
YES U Can..
i do the same
no need 2 dwnld any sw.. buy a datacabl... the cd which comes with it has the sw.
call airtel cust. care and inform them...
4 hrs latr n joy...
aku

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: anyone having samsung mobile please help

tintin said:
does no one here have a samsung mobile,a c100 would do.can i browse internet on my computer using my samsung X100 and airtel GPRS.I repeat on my computer not on my wap browser.please please help.

Hey dude ... sometime you have to wait to get correct response.

As far as answer to your query:
I can tell you the solution to you bcoz.. have been through a similar incident

Yes you can very much use it ... many of us are using it
as for me bcoz of edge .. I get good speed too.

To use the phone for internet..
You must have modem in phone .. which it has,
secondly you can connect through either InfraRed or DataCable
and thirdly, you have to activate the GPRS ..

Tell the customer care that you want MOBILE-OFFICE
Save the settings for the same in the phone.

In some places you need to have post-paid connection
That you need to check..

Tell me where you are located n service you use

Ask exactly what you want to know .. we will tell you the
solution

mobilegeek

OP
T

tintin

Broken In
thank u both,i am sorry that i was in a hurry.i am located in orissa.i asked the customer care and they told that they do offer airtel mobile office for 99 bucks a month.will a normal data cable through which we send ringtones and wallpaper will do or i have to get a specific for browsing internet.will u both mind if I PM U if i have some other doubts later because i have not bought the datacable and i think i might have problems installing it.the problem is that where i live no one uses data cable for internet.Neither the shopkeepers know much about it.do reply

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
No prob you can pm..

but confirm one thing from customercare ... that they are offering you AIRTEL MOBILE OFFICE for 99only

OP
T

tintin

Broken In
hey mobilegeek,do i need a specific data cable for connecting my samsung phone.I have gone through the forum and saw that many nokia phones need different data cables.is there any configuration for samsung data cables.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
There is no such problem with Samsung x100,
when you buy the cable just check that it is working with your phone.
also
remember that you need to download software from samsung site

*www.samsung.com/in/support/productsupport/download/Model_Select.aspx

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
You need Easygprs that comes with easystudio...

download it from the link mobilegeek gave...

otherwise for just gprs... u can configure using the built-in dialer in windows.

OP
T

tintin

Broken In
ok my postpaid connection is'nt available yet.they are telling some prob. in my documents.i will try when i get it and get in touch with you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom