Samsung series 5 Notebook webcam issue

zero

Broken In
Well Guys , waking up a dead thread instead of creating a new thread on same subject. Hoping someone would care to respond back and help out

Problem : Built in Webcam detected in device manager and works perfectly in windows live movie maker but does not works or get detected by any other program.

System : Laptop samsung series 5 Notebook NP530U4C-SO1IN

Webcam : built in listed as WebCam SC-13HDL11431N under imaging devices

system info

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ANDROID
System Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
System Model 530U3C/530U4C
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies Ltd. P15AAJ, 23-07-2015
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\windows
System Directory C:\windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

OVERVIEW
BrandSamsung
SeriesSamsung Series 5 ULTRA
Model NumberNP530U4C-S01IN
UtilityGaming
ColorSilver
PLATFORM
Architecture64 Bit
Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium
Other SoftwareUniversal Printer/Scanner Driver, Easy File Share, Easy Migration, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office Starter 2010, Samsung Support Centre, WildTangent Game Console, Windows Live, Norton Online Backup (30-day Trial), Skype, Easy Settings, Software Launcher, Intel Anti-Theft Technology, Intel Identity Protection Technology
STORAGE
Hard Disk Capacity1TB
Hardware InterfaceSATA
RPM5400
POWER & BATTERY
Battery BackupUpto 7 hours
Power Supply40W AC Adapter
Standard Battery8 cell
DISPLAY
Screen Size14 Inch
Resolution1366 x 768 Pixel
Screen TypeSuperBright 300nit HD LED Display Anti-Reflective
MEMORY
RAM6GB DDR3
Memory Slots1 (Unused Slot - 0)
PROCESSOR
ProcessorIntel Core i5
Variant3317U
ChipsetIntel HM76
BrandIntel
Clock Speed1.70 GHz
Cache Memory3MB L3 Cache
OPTICAL DISK DRIVE
Optical DriveSuper Multi Dual Layer
GRAPHICS
Dedicated Graphics Memory TypegDDR3
Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity1GB gDDR3
Graphic ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce GT 620M
KEYBOARD/INPUT DEVICE
Integrated Camera1.3 MP HD Webcam
Pointer DeviceTouchpad (Scroll Scope, Flat Type)
Keyboard86 Key
AUDIO
Internal MicYes
Speakers4 Watts Stereo Speakers
Sound EffectMic Noise Suppression, SoundAlive
COMMUNICATION
Ethernet10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless LANIntel Centrino Advanced-N 6230, 2 x 2 802.11abg/n
Bluetoothv4.0 HS
PORTS/SLOTS
USB Port2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0
Mic InHeadphone Out / Mic Combo
RJ45 LANYes
HDMI PortYes
VGA PortYes
Multi Card Slot4-in-1
SECURITY
Lock PortSecurity Slot

Don't mind copy paste specs as it was easier than typing it out.

NO HARDWARE BUTTON TO CONTROL WEB CAM.

R&D Done so far : Reinstalled the microsoft certified drivers. Reinstalled the default software youcam and even tried using its upgraded version. By the way Youcam version 3 installed right now. Tried with skype, flash interfaces of sites, other import options of softwares, none working.

Yes one more thing using antivirus kaspersky internet security 15. Checked its firewall and application control settings. And also switched off its webcam access limiting setting and even tried with total protection paused or with Antivirus software not running.

info given on link below is also checked and utilised but no fruitful results
*support.kaspersky.com/10978?cid=KI...m_medium=product&utm_campaign=KIS_15.0#block2

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
No reply so far

May be we need to think on lines why and how windows movie maker able to find and access the same webcam which other programs unable to find...

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be that file permisssions needed to activate webcam are no longer there with other programs and only with windows movie maker after some windows updates.

- - - Updated - - -

not alone i guess

windows 7 - Webcam is in Device Manager, but software doesn't detect it - Super Use

Last edited:
OP
zero

zero

Broken In
Was never disappointed at digit forums like this before. May be people have moved on from being in forums or trying to help out. Nobody even attempted a suggestion even.

Minion

Conversation Architect
It is very difficult to troubleshoot these problems since there are lots of factors involved.

Check if you have given permission to use your webcam in other apps you may find it in settings of antivirus or control panel.Don't know where to find these settings since i am on win 10.

If it doesn't solve issue then remove kaspersky and see if it works.

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
It is very difficult to troubleshoot these problems.

Check if you have given permission to use your webcam in other apps you may find it in settings of antivirus or control panel.Don't know where to find these settings since i am on win 10.
Thanks for at least responding back, heartening to see that ,no matter even if issue persists.

I uninstalled the Kaspersky internet security that i use, just to rule it out. Didn't yield any luck.

I feel may be some windows update could have plugged this as a security feature to plug the vulnerability of webcams getting used without permission. If update number can be known can try uninstalling that particular windows update.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for at least responding back, heartening to see that ,no matter even if issue persists.

I uninstalled the Kaspersky internet security that i use, just to rule it out. Didn't yield any luck.

I feel may be some windows update could have plugged this as a security feature to plug the vulnerability of webcams getting used without permission. If update number can be known can try uninstalling that particular windows update.

were you able to access webcam from 3rd party app before?When did you face this issue?

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
were you able to access webcam from 3rd party app before?
Yes...used to work perfectly on windows 7 professional when i purchased the laptop and configured the whole system but stopped using webcam since quite a long time until recently when i needed for a skype call. Used to work on youcam app which came with it. Thing is even now the webcam works on windows movie maker perfectly so can't even doubt its serviceability.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Yes...used to work perfectly on windows 7 professional when i purchased the laptop and configured the whole system but stopped using webcam since quite a long time until recently when i needed for a skype call. Used to work on youcam app which came with it. Thing is even now the webcam works on windows movie maker perfectly so can't even doubt its serviceability.

I will suggest you to reinstall windows again after installing drivers then use skype to make call and see if its working.

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
I will suggest you to reinstall windows again after installing drivers then use skype to make call and see if its working.
Laptop came with genuine windows so just avoiding that till it crashes otherwise would have replaced windows by now. Working out the webcam looses up to the effort required to reinstall a working setup with even a chance to loose link to the recovery partition link with bios. Will wait for a total crash or if get extra time will install it on vmware and try it out.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Laptop came with genuine windows so just avoiding that till it crashes otherwise would have replaced windows by now. Working out the webcam looses up to the effort required to reinstall a working setup with even a chance to loose link to the recovery partition link with bios. Will wait for a total crash or if get extra time will install it on vmware and try it out.

you can just copy your windows keys after reinstalling use those keys to make your windows genuine.Installing on VMware is no good since hardware doesn't properly works on VMware anyways due to lack of proper drivers.

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
you can just copy your windows keys after reinstalling use those keys to make your windows genuine.Installing on VMware is no good since hardware doesn't properly works on VMware anyways due to lack of proper drivers.
Will consider that, thanks. Do check your pm box.

Top Bottom