samsung sa300 series 3 20 inches LED

anarchy0x

In the zone
I bought that monitor as I was in need of one urgently. Can anyone tell me if its HD or not? It has a resolution of 1600 X 900.

I know that HD is not a fluid term but the definition I see of HD is -
1280x720 - aka 720p
1920x1080 - aka 1080i
1920x1080 Progressive - aka 1080p

so isn't 1600 X900 better than 1280 X 720 & hence it an HD?

Also, a friend told me that my monitor is not HD, that is it will pixelate while watching movies but in HD that doesn't hapen. I have only a few movies now & I watched them to get an idea but I am not sure if I see a strech or not.
So, if i watch a movie of smaller resolution, will it strech?

Thankyou in advance.

please reply if anyone knows, i might replace it if its not HD.

manujohn

Journeyman
Yup, your monitor is HD (not Full HD) and you can enjoy both 720p and 1080p videos perfectly if you have sufficient graphics card/IGP. Note that in the case of 1080p videos they will be down scaled to your 1600x900 resolution..
IMO, if you can replace your monitor by a 1920x1080 one, it is better and more futureproofing.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Thanks, I have checked almost everywhere & i dont think 180p is availaible for 20 inches.
If anyone knows about it then let me know.

manujohn

Journeyman
For Full HD resolution, you need atleast 22" monitor, afaik..
Benq G2220HD @ 7k is a great deal if you have a very tight budget...

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
thanks everyone for all the valuable info,

manuj its too late for me to exchange & i think 22 will be a lil big for monitor. so i guess i ll keep it.

I always come here before buying any new products but this time i just forgot :-(

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
So my movies will tend to pixelate or strech since I have 1600 X 900 ?
I am a little conused, should I keep this or go for a full HD 22 inch?

Yup, your monitor is HD (not Full HD) and you can enjoy both 720p and 1080p videos perfectly if you have sufficient graphics card/IGP. Note that in the case of 1080p videos they will be down scaled to your 1600x900 resolution..
IMO, if you can replace your monitor by a 1920x1080 one, it is better and more futureproofing.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
thanks everyone for all the valuable info,

manuj its too late for me to exchange & i think 22 will be a lil big for monitor. so i guess i ll keep it.

I always come here before buying any new products but this time i just forgot :-(

Better idea. So, good luck next time. :)

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
if i get a 22 inch but dont have a good graphics card, will my movies pixelate?
i am using a P4 with inbuilt card as of now.

Top Bottom