Samsung M series

quicky008

Technomancer
if that's the case it shouldn't be too bad,how does it hold up when it comes to gaming?do these chipsets overheat while running cpu-intensive apps?

if that's the case it shouldn't be too bad,how does it hold up when it comes to gaming?do these chipsets overheat while running cpu-intensive apps?
Most phones have decent thermals nowadays. Every phone will heat up if you use it for gaming for an extended duration, like 30min+.

quicky008

Technomancer
^can you specify some channels that upload sponsored vids? afaik there's one by the name of technical guruji (or some other such nonsense) who posts favourable reviews even for phones that dont deserve it-clearly,he does it for money.

How about others like c4etech,geekyranjit and so on?Are those guys trustworthy?Posting unboxing and review videos of popular handsets has clearly worked out very well for them,as is evidenced by their luxurious and opulent liftestyles(a couple of months back that ranjit fellow was flaunting a 4k samsung tv which he proudly proclaimed that he had purchased for 4 lakhs or thereabouts!).I think their lavish income results from the huge sponsorships they receive from phone manufacturers,as well as the revenue generated from youtube.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Instead of finding sponsored reviewers, just gather enough data from all the reviews and then apply your conscience whether to buy or not.
Bcoz in the end you will be the consumer getting the benefit from the device.

And buying a phone is not complicated.All you need is the priority points to be full-filled and thats it.

quicky008

Technomancer
i wanted to know who those sponsored reviewers were so that i could avoid their channels-i have a clear aversion to such biased content.

although companies like xiaomi and asus offer more features,i was thinking of buying a samsung phone as they tend to have better cameras and more vibrant displays.In particular,i find the m30 rather alluring with its good feature set and reasonable price point,but was a bit worried when some reviewers claimed that its not suited for gaming even for casual gamers who only play titles like pubg,asphalt etc occasionally.

in the past many samsung phones were plagued by laggy uis and poor battery life,but i suppose thats no longer an issue as their recent offerings have improved upon these factors considerably.

^can you specify some channels that upload sponsored vids? afaik there's one by the name of technical guruji (or some other such nonsense) who posts favourable reviews even for phones that dont deserve it-clearly,he does it for money.

How about others like c4etech,geekyranjit and so on?Are those guys trustworthy?Posting unboxing and review videos of popular handsets has clearly worked out very well for them,as is evidenced by their luxurious and opulent liftestyles(a couple of months back that ranjit fellow was flaunting a 4k samsung tv which he proudly proclaimed that he had purchased for 4 lakhs or thereabouts!).I think their lavish income results from the huge sponsorships they receive from phone manufacturers,as well as the revenue generated from youtube.
Watch multiple reviews. I watch Geekyranjit & C4ETech mostly, but sometimes iGyaan as well. I found them to be good. I didn't like Technical Guruji, even though he has a lot of subscribers. Amit Bhawani is good as well. I would say getting paid for good reviews is not a good thing for both company & the reviewer as if can blow back hard if link is established.

Unrelated - I feel Dave Lee is getting paid as some of his laptop reviews contradict what others say. Best example is Alienware m15, which most people at reddit & other small YouTubers say heats a lot but can be controlled by undervolting but Dave Lee said it had good thermals. Same with notebookcheck. I feel Alienware paid both of them.

i wanted to know who those sponsored reviewers were so that i could avoid their channels-i have a clear aversion to such biased content.

although companies like xiaomi and asus offer more features,i was thinking of buying a samsung phone as they tend to have better cameras and more vibrant displays.In particular,i find the m30 rather alluring with its good feature set and reasonable price point,but was a bit worried when some reviewers claimed that its not suited for gaming even for casual gamers who only play titles like pubg,asphalt etc occasionally.

in the past many samsung phones were plagued by laggy uis and poor battery life,but i suppose thats no longer an issue as their recent offerings have improved upon these factors considerably.

There has been S636 under 15k for almost a year now & Samsung releases phones with SoC weaker than that when S660 is available under 15k, even S675 now. So obviously its not good for heavy games now, doesn't matter if you play it for 5 mins or 1 hr. The phones needs a good CPU & GPU to render the game properly without frame drops & that Exynos isn't powerful enough in 2019 for heavy games. PUBG & Asphalt are considered graphics intensive games.

According to reviews camera of M20 is a bit inferior to RN6P, M2, etc, but the gap isn't too big to have a day & night difference. M30 definitely has a great screen & is a decent choice for people who won't game (or play just casual games like temple run, angry birds, etc). But I think Geekyranjit said that M20 has some stutters here & there, which if due to low power SoC, will be present in M30. RN7P might have the best camera & performance under 15k but I would still suggest people Asus Pro M2 if they don't have gaming & photography as top priorities.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

This is the problem you can't say which is a paid video, end of the line. From personal experience being a Samsung user all my life, you can bet on the SE/One ui, it is dope. Once you use it, you won't even switch to stock.
Shadow Fight 3 and PUBG (Extreme settings) testing
I can bet her background is commerce or arts with no deep knowledge of the tech world. She is getting reviews because a she's a girl and b because of her makeup. No offence to her though.

This is the problem you can't say which is a paid video, end of the line. From personal experience being a Samsung user all my life, you can bet on the SE/One ui, it is dope. Once you use it, you won't even switch to stock.

I can bet her background is commerce or arts with no deep knowledge of the tech world. She is getting reviews because a she's a girl and b because of her makeup. No offence to her though.
Checking multiple reviews help to spot a paid review, if any, like in case of Alienware m15. Also, user reviews especially from knowledgable people, like in reddit, helps. I doubt there will be good reviews for Indian mid-rangers in reddit or xda. Some phones do have it, not all. People at xda will avoid Samsung due to Exynos & it isn't the best specs at all, which many android enthusiasts love for some reason, sometimes leading to overkill specs like display resolution (!440p & 4K) & RAM (anything over 6GB), which are useless for most people.

Pretty face for public front does help. Even GSMArena seems to be doing it. Looks definitely helped iJustine IMO.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Checking multiple reviews help to spot a paid review, if any, like in case of Alienware m15. Also, user reviews especially from knowledgable people, like in reddit, helps. I doubt there will be good reviews for Indian mid-rangers in reddit or xda. Some phones do have it, not all. People at xda will avoid Samsung due to Exynos & it isn't the best specs at all, which many android enthusiasts love for some reason, sometimes leading to overkill specs like display resolution (!440p & 4K) & RAM (anything over 6GB), which are useless for most people.

Pretty face for public front does help. Even GSMArena seems to be doing it. Looks definitely helped iJustine IMO.

I trust the specs and reviews/comments by members in forums like here at tdf. I would choose replies of you guys over ijustine or that makeup girl, only for phones/laptops ;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I prefer Linus Tech Tips and he talks more about knowledge and gives good reviews :)

Ijustine is already a Rich lady in youtube. (if you watch her collection of tech gadgets, then u will say meh...wastage of money).

Seems like we are diverting from the main Topic...back to Topic now.

If you ask me to pickup between Redmi Note 7 Pro & M30 then I will pick M30
bcoz of two specific reasons:
1. Super AMOLED
2. Bigger Battery

I am pretty sure that M30 will give good battery backup when compared with Note 7 Pro.

But if you want Excellent design + Awesome Camera + Gaming performance then Note 7 pro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom