Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 - upgrade to Lollipop?

maxtor

Journeyman
I have an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100, which was lying unused and I plan to revive it again. The battery is dead and I am planning to replace it, and then upgrade the Android version. My question is, can I upgrade Tab 2 P3100 to Lollipop?

Also, the battery costs Rs 2k - 3k at service centres but is available online for very cheap. The problem is that it is extremely difficult to replace it by myself(without the appropriate tools). The service centres insist on providing the battery also. Anyone knows a mobile repair shop in Delhi(South Delhi) which can do a good job of fitting a new battery on a Samsung tab? All the repair shops that I checked with in my area said that they can't do it.

ITGeek

Right off the assembly line
Hi maxtor
by flashing any custom rom made for samsung tab 2 u can update it to lollipop.
just search google for lollipop custome rom for samsung tab 2.

for replacing battery just watch tab 2 disassembly video on youtub
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7 P3100 Disassembly - YouTub
its very easy to replace battery
u just need 1 small phillip head schew driver and a prying tool (any old unused atm card will do).

BR,
itGeek

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
Thanks for all your replies. Actually I did try to open it but found it difficult. So let me try again after buying a replacement battery online.

Android M looks interesting. But anyone here tried putting it on a Galaxy tab 2 successfully? I saw a few videos which had comments which said that it failed for them, though I am sure there must have been successful installs too.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for all your replies. Actually I did try to open it but found it difficult. So let me try again after buying a replacement battery online.

Android M looks interesting. But anyone here tried putting it on a Galaxy tab 2 successfully? I saw a few videos which had comments which said that it failed for them, though I am sure there must have been successful installs too.

I am not using this device so can't verify this but before flashing any Rom read its xda thread carefully.

TechnoBOY

Padawan

There is always a little risk while rooting and flashing ROMs,but if you do everything correctly you will be good.
Also look at the bugs section of the ROM that you are going to flash!

Minion

Conversation Architect
Excellent set of instructions! Worked like a charm. Thanks! How should we root the Tablet again once Lillipop is up and running?

Most CM based ROMs are pre rooted you just have to enable developer option and allow root access.

Top Bottom