Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Discussion Thread

him406

Broken In
Hi Guys,
THis is the thread for all Note 2 owners.

Please share your best apps, tools tips for Note 2.

For starters.. IS anyone facing issue with S-pen like hovering issue ?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Re: Samsung Gaalxy Note 2 Discussion Thread

Hovering issue? Nope. But if your last SMS is short in length it won't show up by hovering.

lalam

In the zone
The S Pen seems too rough on most screen guard i've ever used. It's like cat claws! Scares me to even use it without a screen guard! So it'd be nice if someone would suggest me a good screen guard that can be found on Flipkart or Ebay, one that is S Pen friendly.

Best apps to i : Astro File Manager, Dolphin Browser, Rainbow Contacts - Really useful when transferring contacts or you could opt for Netqin Sync, Android Control Panel, LoaderDroid (Downloader), Mp3dit - Tagging audio files, supports cover art too, AnyDo etc.
And of course TubeMate *wink* Not available in Play Store any longer, just google. Download videso from youtube.

OP
H

him406

Broken In
Please also suggest a good case/cover.
I am using samsung official one but that is not too protective.. and opening flip for every damn thing annoys a lot.
I read defender one is good.. but it's bulky and will make the phone more pocket.unfriendly

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Bro didn't I tell you to avoid the official case as you wanted protection. Anyway..

@ialam: Why do you want to use a SG? Use without it for a month, then you'll never use one ;)

OP
H

him406

Broken In
I know :) ... but then I needed one and at hte present it was the best thing as i was getting it cheaper and the cover is thin comes easily in the jeans

Asking advise for one more :) ..
Bro didn't I tell you to avoid the official case as you wanted protection. Anyway..

@ialam: Why do you want to use a SG? Use without it for a month, then you'll never use one ;)

ZianC

Right off the assembly line
hey..... i heard about this phone,functions in this phone is very good and also look wise it is beautiful..:)

Mr. Officer

Rookie
I'm using a Molife screen guard and it responds fairly well with S-pen with occasional screech on screen.

Also, using a el cheapo griffin back cover in white matte does the job but gets dirty very quickly, wiping with a damp cloth helps.

anyone else updated the note II today ?

just finished the 35.3 MB update stability update package via OTA.

OP
H

him406

Broken In
I'm using a Molife screen guard and it responds fairly well with S-pen with occasional screech on screen.

Also, using a el cheapo griffin back cover in white matte does the job but gets dirty very quickly, wiping with a damp cloth helps.

anyone else updated the note II today ?

just finished the 35.3 MB update stability update package via OTA.

what are the new things added in the update?

Mr. Officer

Rookie
Still at work, havent noticed anything major yet...just a 35 mb patch not expecting anything major...hopefully they've fixed the battery backup issue...will report changes if I find any

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
after the latest update to N7100XXDLL7, my play store is broken. It gives me 495 error while trying to update any existing app. Downloading a new app is still working.

Tried many things like - uninstalling the updates to play store, clearing cache and data of both download manager and play store, disabling and enabling play store etc.. nothing worked. Any fixes/help?

OP
H

him406

Broken In
after the latest update to N7100XXDLL7, my play store is broken. It gives me 495 error while trying to update any existing app. Downloading a new app is still working.

Tried many things like - uninstalling the updates to play store, clearing cache and data of both download manager and play store, disabling and enabling play store etc.. nothing worked. Any fixes/help?

Surprising .. its working for me .

Mr. Officer

Rookie
Sorry for a late reply, latest update's working like a charm.

Haven't faced similar issue and know little, so cant help much there...

In fact looking for an answer , can the "S-Notes" be password protected ?

evil_maverick

Journeyman
any one trying custom roms or kernels??????
i tried the Note2Core Asylum kernel.......
oced to 1.9 ghz!!!!!
quadrant scores of 8k+!!!!!:twisted:
just awesome!!

Download GalaxyNote2/7100kernels/Note2Core/Note2Core_7100_v2.21_AS.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

--courtesy "MAX" (GalaxyNote2Root.com - Your source for Galaxy Note 2 rooting, custom ROMs, and more!)

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
any one trying custom roms or kernels??????
i tried the Note2Core Asylum kernel.......
oced to 1.9 ghz!!!!!
quadrant scores of 8k+!!!!!:twisted:
just awesome!!

Download GalaxyNote2/7100kernels/Note2Core/Note2Core_7100_v2.21_AS.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

--courtesy "MAX" (GalaxyNote2Root.com - Your source for Galaxy Note 2 rooting, custom ROMs, and more!)

heard about sudden death syndrome?? just be careful about it :)

Top Bottom