Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery not lasting for even 12 hrs

amjath

Human Spambot
is it still within warranty?
im not very sure about which app to use but there are apps which will read stats of the battery and tell you the exact battery health

The app name is betterbatterystats. I have been telling him since the beginning. But it needs root and need to run as system app.

eureka

Banned
Just install app Better Battery Stats and see what's running in background under wakelock section. Then you can additionally use Xposed modules like Amplifier or Greenify to make the best out of it.
When Note II was released it had one of the best battery life on market, it still has very good battery life. You should be able to get 4-5 hours SOT with 24-36 hours standby, at least, given the battery is really three months old.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Just install app Better Battery Stats and see what's running in background under wakelock section. Then you can additionally use Xposed modules like Amplifier or Greenify to make the best out of it.
When Note II was released it had one of the best battery life on market, it still has very good battery life. You should be able to get 4-5 hours SOT with 24-36 hours standby, at least, given the battery is really three months old.
[MENTION=302751]eureka[/MENTION], So does this require rooting as mentioned by amjath.

eureka

Banned
[MENTION=302751]eureka[/MENTION], So does this require rooting as mentioned by amjath.
Yes, of course it needs root mate.

PS : Putting ROM like CM will worsen the battery life even more. Half baked ROM like them are not stable at all! Go have a look at XDA's battery life topic. Note 2 is meant to run TW, not CM.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

PS : Putting ROM like CM will worsen the battery life even more. Half baked ROM like them are not stable at all! Go have a look at XDA's battery life topic. Note 2 is meant to run TW, not CM.

The problem lies with the background apps/services and wakelocks caused by the user apps and that overbloated crapwiz ui.
[MENTION=29208]ajayritik[/MENTION]
root it, (check XDA)
install greenify
hibernate all user apps
install ES taskmanager, allow it root access, remove all user apps from startup

I've recommended doing this earlier too

*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets...ting-even-12-hrs-post2166721.html#post2166721

My phone has a 2100 mAh battery that lasts 33-36 hours with ~5 hours on screen time and its running on Liquidsmooth v4 (android 5.0.1)

So, please don't misguide that custom roms are "half baked" and less battery friendly. With that 3100 mAh battery, he can get almost 2 days of battery life if he's not on crapwiz.

eureka

Banned
The problem lies with the background apps/services and wakelocks caused by the user apps [STRIKE]and that overbloated crapwiz ui.[/STRIKE]
There, corrected. Except the stroke out part your comment is absolutely true. I mean TW is overbloated and messy that's for sure, but it doesn't drain juice that much.

So, please don't misguide that custom roms are "half baked" and less battery friendly. With that 3100 mAh battery, he can get almost 2 days of battery life if he's not on crapwiz.
I only meant CM, not all custom ROM. Kindly reread my post.
And a lot of people with TW have got more than 5 hours SOT, I myself when I had the phone used to get 5 hrs SOT as an average.

As I said, looking at Note 2's battery topic results on XDA and BBS' topic for the main culprit services/ apps for wakelock will make things much more clear than arguing.

amjath

Human Spambot

Reason is exynos processor and its drivers

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys please go slow on the rooting thing. Firstly I'm not sure about the Custom ROM and now we have TW.
For now I will follow the video posted by amjath. Just not getting enough time to root also too lazy to take backup of everything.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Guys please go slow on the rooting thing. Firstly I'm not sure about the Custom ROM and now we have TW.
For now I will follow the video posted by amjath. Just not getting enough time to root also too lazy to take backup of everything.

you can try changing the launcher as a start and see if it helps

- - - Updated - - -

Reason is exynos processor and its drivers

^^ yep,it was the only issue with the legendary GS2 as well
CM is the most stable custom rom though,even carbon rom is nice i believe

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
and how can I do that?

yeah,use Nova Launcher like [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] suggested
Its easily one of the fastest launchers ive seen
even Apex Launcher is worth trying but it lacks features in comparison to Nova

eureka

Banned
4 years I think
WOW dude. You have not rooted any Android device for four years? Damn man, that sucks! It's like not letting a bird to fly at sky and make her stuck inside a cage! Samsung's rooting process being the easiest too! It will take just 30 seconds to root your Note 2 dude. All you need is the latest version of Odin (I believe the latest being 3.09), which is a small software and then just flash Chainfire's auto root kernel kit (it's basically nothing but a stock kernel with busybox and init.d support), that's it, done.

Changing launcher won't do anything at all by the way, I mean anything related to battery that is. But still Nova or Apex are the preferred launchers over TW anytime. Use BBS as I/ some others have said, and monitor the wakelocks first.

PS : For some reasons I am quite confident that you won't head over to XDA and root it ultimately, so I am wasting a few seconds and attaching the necessary links myself,

CF Auto Root topic : [GT-N710x][SHV-E250*] CF-Auto-Root | Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, N7105 | XDA Forums [Make sure you download the correct version depending on your phone's model, N7100 or N7105]

You can use the Odin which is linked in that topic (ver 1.85) or use the latest version, entirely up to you, both will work absolutely same. If you like latest version of Odin then download from here, Download Odin 3.09 - Odin download with Samsung ROM Flashing Tool [Hmm, I see the latest version is 3.10, I stand corrected]

Make sure you have the USB drivers installed on the PC for your Note II. Turn off phone, then press and hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously, you will see a screen which will say press Volume Up to continue, do that, connect the USB cable to PC, some drivers will be installed if you haven't installed them on a previous occasion, this is important, so let them install. Then open Odin, you will see your device connected under ID : COM option in Odin, it can say COM1, COM2 etc., depending on which USB port you are using on your PC. Then hit on the PDA (for old Odin) section, or AP (for newer versions of Odin) and select that CF Auto Root package you have already downloaded. Select the .tar.md5 file, not the zip file, LOL. Hit on Start. Wait for 15 seconds or so.

Then later you might need to install Super SU's latest zip package, or maybe not, I don't own a Samsung any more, so can't say, but you need to have latest binaries installed. You can always get the latest package from here, SuperSU Download But to install that you must have a custom recovery installed, like TWRP or Philz etc. Stock recovery won't do, and you will have stock recovery unless you choose to install a custom recovery, keep that in mind.

Oh, You are welcome.

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
and you haven't tried changing the launcher even once :lol: or thought of rooting the phone?
I have tried the launcher on my previous phone which was LG Optimus Net.
I was vary of trying to root the phone since I was afraid I may mess up things.
Also I don't have the patience of taking backup of everything.
Should I install Titanium backup before rooting?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
touchwiz is very resource hungry so it eats up battery life
using a different launcher should increase battery atleast by a bit

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

that wouldn't work without root :lol:

You can't mess anything during rooting or flashing a different recovery.

- - - Updated - - -

touchwiz is very resource hungry so it eats up battery life
using a different launcher should increase battery atleast by a bit

it won't increase battery life, but smoothness should increase a little bit.

eureka

Banned
Titanium doesn't work without root.

Have you even read my comment bro?

Top Bottom