Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery not lasting for even 12 hrs

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hi Friends,

I earlier had the same problem of battery draining out faster on my Note2 which I was able to give the service center guy and it worked find for 3-4 months. But off late it has started acting again. Battery seems to not even last for more than 12 hours without using any music player etc.

Earlier when I posted I got suggestion that I may have to root it.
Kindly let me know if there is option to fix this problem without rooting and if rooting then what are the steps and how safe is it?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
root it, (check XDA)
install greenify
hibernate all user apps
install ES taskmanager, allow it root access, remove all user apps from startup
much better option would be to install CM11 :wink:

If battery's swollen, change it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ In short I have to root.
What is CM11?
Cyanogenmod 11 or CM11 is a custom rom, based on AOSP.

Samsung Galaxy Note II 7100 - Review, Full Specifications, Features
Galaxy Note II Android Development - XDA Forums
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android Development Forums & ROMs
CyanogenMod Downloads

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm a novice here when it comes to rooting and Custom Roms. Is there any easier step for me to learn what these are or start with something which is very easy to do.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I remember initially when I got this around 2012 for almost over an year I never had any issues with battery draining out soon. It was only at the beginning of this year it started draining out soon and since it was in warranty I got it checked with service guy and then it worked good for 3-4 months. Now it's acting up again.

Also cheek out note 3 port for note 2
Can I have more details on these or should I google?
Buy a new battery... Very easy...
Is there anyway for me to know if my battery is as good as gone.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

I have a Galaxy Nexus which I have used for 2 years now... The battery life had become horrible, and I had to recharge the phone twice a day... I tried everything from custom ROMs to greenify, but nothing worked. So went ahead and bought a cheap OEM battery off ebay. The difference is massive...

$hadow

Geek in making
I remember initially when I got this around 2012 for almost over an year I never had any issues with battery draining out soon. It was only at the beginning of this year it started draining out soon and since it was in warranty I got it checked with service guy and then it worked good for 3-4 months. Now it's acting up again.

Can I have more details on these or should I google?

Just go to xda and in search phone type your phone model and wham you will be introduced to a whole new world.

amjath

Human Spambot
Samsung by far is the easiest device to root, so first of all tell us which android version your phone is running

amjath

Human Spambot

Here is a video which explains clearly how to root Note 2 running 4.4.2

After rooting, let us know

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys is there anyway I can check what the problem is with battery without rooting and also is there anyway to check if the battery is gone bad and needs to be replaced rather than the battery getting drained using apps.
Can I troubleshoot this without rooting?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys is there anyway I can check what the problem is with battery without rooting and also is there anyway to check if the battery is gone bad and needs to be replaced rather than the battery getting drained using apps.
Can I troubleshoot this without rooting?

Check if the battery is swollen. If the battery can spin quite easily on a flat surface, then it needs changing.
Also, input *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer and click Battery Information

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
plus note 2 battery life wasnt that great to begin with,my dads note 2 used to last less than 6 hours of calls,texts and whatsapp
i suggest checking the battery for swelling etc and using an app to monitor battery health
a powerbank should also help

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Check if the battery is swollen. If the battery can spin quite easily on a flat surface, then it needs changing.
Also, input *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer and click Battery Information

My battery is not spinning I did the spin test.
I tried inputting the number you mentioned but it says invalid number

- - - Updated - - -

plus note 2 battery life wasnt that great to begin with,my dads note 2 used to last less than 6 hours of calls,texts and whatsapp
i suggest checking the battery for swelling etc and using an app to monitor battery health
a powerbank should also help
Any suggestions on which app I should use.
The last couple of times I had the same problem and since the phone was in warranty I was able to take it to service center and it was doing great for couple of months now again the problem has started.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

- - - Updated - - -

The last couple of times I had the same problem and since the phone was in warranty I was able to take it to service center and it was doing great for couple of months now again the problem has started.

is it still within warranty?
im not very sure about which app to use but there are apps which will read stats of the battery and tell you the exact battery health

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

- - - Updated - - -

you don't have to dial the number, just type *#*#4636#*#* and the Testing Menu should show up.

- - - Updated - - -

and since it isn't spinning, the problem lies with the rom. IMO remove crapwiz and install CM11/12 or other AOSP based rom.

Top Bottom