Ryzen Vega rig suggestions

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
i think some items are eligible for free shipping and some not.. look for "" This product is eligible for free delivery all over in India""

some of the items i checked

CPUs , Ram , HDD are eligible for free shipping

PSUs and Motherboards does not have that tag , so i think the shipping charges are only for these heavy /large dimension items ..

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How much is your budget & what is your processor?If your processor is AMD Ryzen & money is no issue then get DDR4 GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz version.If processors is Intel then get any DDR4 corsair/kingston/transcend 2133MHz ram or 2400MHz ram if budget is more.If processor/mobo is DDR3 ram capable then just buy whatever is cheapest in DDR3 1600Mhz ram from these 3 brands.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
The 2200G offers better value than the 2400G. The extra threads in 2400g does help, but in most games, the iGPU is going to be bandwidth bound, so there'll be little difference between 2200G and 2400G. Buy the 2200G for now. Add a discrete GPU later and upgrade to a 2nd/3rd gen Ryzen a year or so from now. The next-gen Ryzens should have better single threaded performance which matters for games.

CS:GO works fine with 2200G at 1080p: Ryzen 3 2200G Review CS:GO Gameplay Benchmark. Vega 8 iGPU
PUBG doesn't hit 60 fps on 2200G: Ryzen 3 2200G PUBG Budget Build. 2x4GB vs 1x8GB vs 1x4GB. DDR4-2400
Fortnite works well though: Ryzen 3 2200G Review Fortnite: Battle Royale. Gameplay Benchmark. Vega 8 iGPU

Since this is a gaming focused build, go with Ryzen if you are certain that you don't want to buy the discrete GPU right away. If not, Core i3-8100 + discrete GPU is probably a better choice.

- Ryzen 2200G - 8.8k
- A320 mobo (since you don't plan to OC) - 4.5k
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM - 7.5k
- 1 TB HDD - 3k

Reuse the PSU, cabinet, KB+Mouse from your current setup. That should give you 30k to buy a graphics card later.

OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion spikygv, but I can't upgrade to Ryzen 2nd gen or Ryzen 3rd gen later. My parents won't let me. So I'll have to buy everything now. Which Is why I was thinking about buying the 2400G instead of the 2200G.

People have been advising me to not reuse the PSU. I can probably reuse my NZXT Gamma cabinet. Reusing the KB/Mouse too. I would have liked to buy a discrete GPU now, but everything is so overpriced. Planning to buy later. The prices won't be dropping any time soon, right? So I guess it's better to go with the APU build at this moment.

I'll probably go enquire if my GTX660 can be repaired, tomorrow. If it gets successfully repaired, I can delay getting a new Rig, will probably wait for 2nd gen Ryzen release if possible. If not, I'll go with the APU build.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Ryzen 2400G is 13k and Core i5 8400 is 13.9k which makes the 6-core i5 a no-brainer, at least for a gaming rig (although cheap mobos for Coffee Lake aren't available yet). The integrated Vega in 2400G will become useless once you get a discrete GPU.

CPUs aren't getting much faster these days. It's something you can keep for a long time. So, I'm not sure 2400G is a good option, especially since you intend to buy a discrete graphics card in the near future.

When do you intend to buy the GPU? If it's in 2-3 months, I really doubt GPU prices are going to drop so soon.

OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
I'm willing to wait for 10 months to a year to buy a new GPU. I'm in no hurry. Whenever the GPU prices drop.

I am thinking about the APU to serve as a stop gap for 1 year till gfx prices drop. I mostly play esport-ish titles like CS:go,fortnite,rust,dota 2 etc so I can survive on the APU for a year.

I am only willingly to opt for the APU incase my graphics card can't be repaired. I'll get to know that within 2-3 days according to the technician.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
If you are willing to wait for a year to buy a dGPU, the 2200G is a great option. But the 2400G is questionable. Bear in mind that you'll need fast memory in dual channel mode (2x4 GB does constrain your upgrade path a bit) to get the most out of the Vega iGPU. The i3 8100 + GT 1030 is only 2k more than the 2400G, is happy with whatever 1x8 GB stick, and since this is a gaming build, Intel processors do hold a small, but appreciable upper hand. The 2400G is certainly a good CPU, but there are a few games that demand high memory bandwidth and run poorly on iGPUs (ex: Crysis and to a lesser extent Witcher 3), and there are other games (ex: Far Cry) that simply favor single threaded performance that Intel CPUs are better at. I'd pick the 2400G over i3 8100 + cheap dGPU only if I cared about productivity/non-gaming workloads that benefit from 8 threads.

Ryzen 3 2200G/ Ryzen 5 2400G review: triple-A gaming without a graphics card?

Last edited:
OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
I can wait a year, but I can't upgrade the 2200g if I buy it. My Graphics card got repaired but the game I wanted to play (Rust) still isn't working for some reason. ( It crashes out of the game always. Earlier I thought my card was getting super overheated, which it was, and that was the reason for the crashes.)

GT 1030 is a dead end card (for me). It's also weaker than my current GTX660, so I wouldn't buy that anyways... I guess right now waiting till GPU prices drop is the best option for me

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
You may have to wait upto 1 year then. According to a post I read on Reddit AMD section, the higher prices are also because RAM manufacturers are concentrating more on the mobile market now. This is leading to shortage of GPU RAM and hence total GPU output.

OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Okay guys it seems my current GTX660 is malfunctioning. Earlier it crashed to desktop with Rust, now I bought PUBG and that also crashes to desktop.. in both cases, I can't even join the server.. I guess I'll buy the ryzen vega rig afterall..

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
That is sad to hear. Then go buy the Ryzen. Did you decide on which Ryzen? Considering that you have invested in PUBG it may be better to go with Ryzen 5 2400G. I feel for you sometimes even an additional 5 FPS in a game like PUBG might improve playability.

OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
That is sad to hear. Then go buy the Ryzen. Did you decide on which Ryzen? Considering that you have invested in PUBG it may be better to go with Ryzen 5 2400G. I feel for you sometimes even an additional 5 FPS in a game like PUBG might improve playability.
Yes brother, since upgrading my processor later is not an option, I will have to opt for 2400g now. Yes even 5 FPS in pubg matters a lot. Bit disappointed about the RAM prices though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom