RX 580 - Good to buy now in Oct 2018 ?

ezio16

Journeyman
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work? (Name few Games or applications are you going to run)
Ans: Assasins Creed series, Sniper Elite 4, Mortal Kombat, GTA 5, etc

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Corsair RM750x 750 W Gold

3. What is your Max budget ?
Ans: 25K

4. Which Screen resolution will you game at (if applicable)?
Ans: Mostly at 1080p

5. What are your current computer specifications ?
Ans: Core i7-6700, 8 GB DDR4, GA-Z170N-Wifi MB, 250GB SSD, 4 TB HDD

I'm planning to buy from mdcomputers.in as they are discounting on payment gateway charges from tomorrow till 24th October.
Please advise me whether it's wise to buy RX580 now for my PC. I don't want to spend more on 1070 or 1080.
As power supply is not a concern, I could get a 8GB 580 rather than 6 GB 1060.
Kindly help me with your suggestions.

Thanks.

mobo

Broken In
Temps will vary greatly with model. While TDP is indeed higher, most models come with a cooler beefier than a low TDP card(eg 1060).

If power consumption is a concern, then no AMD card right now is worth buying. Otherwise, there is always freesync to take advantage of.

All comes down to price and how long you are willing to wait. A hypothetical GTX 2060 might perform as good as a 1070. Navi is expected to be priced in the mid range and will plausibily be competitive with the 1080. Also, 12nm polaris might release in Oct/Nov.

I do like the RX 580 over the GTX 1060, but I don't like the current prices. So, buy whichever is cheaper..?

OP
ezio16

ezio16

Journeyman
Temps will vary greatly with model. While TDP is indeed higher, most models come with a cooler beefier than a low TDP card(eg 1060).

If power consumption is a concern, then no AMD card right now is worth buying. Otherwise, there is always freesync to take advantage of.

All comes down to price and how long you are willing to wait. A hypothetical GTX 2060 might perform as good as a 1070. Navi is expected to be priced in the mid range and will plausibily be competitive with the 1080. Also, 12nm polaris might release in Oct/Nov.

I do like the RX 580 over the GTX 1060, but I don't like the current prices. So, buy whichever is cheaper..?
Now the prices are as
Zotac 1060 6 GB AMP edition - 24.5 k
GB Aorus RX 580 8 GB - 23 k

mobo

Broken In
Is it aorus or aorus XTR? XTR is awesome, but I don't know about plain aorus-I've been looking at reviews for myself, but didn't find anything reliable on it.

Edit - Just checked mdcomputers. It's plain aorus for 23k.

OP
ezio16

ezio16

Journeyman
Is it aorus or aorus XTR? XTR is awesome, but I don't know about plain aorus-I've been looking at reviews for myself, but didn't find anything reliable on it.
XTR isn't available now. It's plain Aorus. Compared the clock speeds and not much difference between them.

OP
ezio16

ezio16

Journeyman
Nope, wait for price drop on 1070/TIs :lol: and hope 2050s to perform close to 1060 6GB now.
okay, Thanks bro. But I have been waiting for a long time now :ashamed:
Hope the prices of 1070/TIs should drop atleast after 2070 starts shipping later this month.

mobo

Broken In
XTR is a binned chip with a better cooler and probably better VRMs and other components. Given what Gigabyte did with their RX 480, I am a bit skeptical at any of their cards that I can't find reviews on.

If you can wait, then wait, and if you can't, then well...

OP
ezio16

ezio16

Journeyman
XTR is a binned chip with a better cooler and probably better VRMs and other components. Given what Gigabyte did with their RX 480, I am a bit skeptical at any of their cards that I can't find reviews on.

If you can wait, then wait, and if you can't, then well...
Thanks.
Given the options and circumstances, I will wait some more.

suvajit

Broken In
Recently bought sapphire rx radeon 580 8 gb nitro+ for 24k from vedant. Core clock is oc'd at 1411 mhz & temps wise it remains under 65 with fans at 70%. U can check it out.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

OP
ezio16

ezio16

Journeyman
Recently bought sapphire rx radeon 580 8 gb nitro+ for 24k from vedant. Core clock is oc'd at 1411 mhz & temps wise it remains under 65 with fans at 70%. U can check it out.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk
Thanks @suvajit . But with rumors of new Polaris cards and expectancy of new Nvidia cards, I have decided to wait for some more time.

Top Bottom