Running Mac program on windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukaida

In the zone
Hi
Is it possible to run my mac programs on windows? I am using an emulator named Macdrive 6.1.5 but it is not satisfying my purpose.Another thing I want to know that is there any mac OS version exists which can run on X-86 based system? Can I constuct a dual booting system with windows? How stable will it be/ Any kind of hardware detection problem for 915 motherboard with 2.8GHz cpu? Please help

suraj

Journeyman
yes
it is possibel , i have not configured yet , but i have seen a dual booting of mac and win on my friends system.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It is not possible to run Mac programs directly on Windows using an emulator. MacDrive is not an emulator. It is a program that allows you to read and write to drives and discs partitioned in the Mac native format, HFS.

You can run Mac OS X on X86 architecture, but (a) it is illegal; and (b) it generally runs poorly because of driver incompatibilities, etc.

OP
bukaida

bukaida

In the zone
I have the original mac 8.1 cd. Now is it legal to use a program like Pearpc to emulate mac on windows? Pearpc requires a ROM which can be made from the original cd with the help of some third party softwares.Please check the following link and please let me know if there is anything illegul in it becoz the system will be implemented in the college lab.

*www.emulators.com/download.htm

Thanx

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Using MacOS X on a computer not made by Apple Inc. is illegal & could result in panelties.

(about which no one cares in india, so go ahead :D)

adit_sen

In the zone
Dual booting of Windows & Mac (OSx86) is possible. I've been running a dual boot for quite a while now. I have no issues with Mac so far, except with Non Intel (i.e PPC based) binaries, as I have an old processor. But if you have a SSE3 capable processor, you should be fine. Nearly all latest processors are SSE3. There may be some legal issues with running OSx86 on a PC, even as Smithex claims his kernel is completely legal (*www.engadget.com/2006/10/25/run-os-x-10-4-8-legally-on-any-pc-kinda-sorta/) so proceed with a pinch of salt.

Cheers

OP
bukaida

bukaida

In the zone
adit_sen said:
Could you be a bit more clear on what you mean? Update the system? As in..hardware? Software? XP? OSx86? :confused:

me too.My configuration is given in my signature part and I have an old mac8.1 original cd(gifted).Now how to run it?

adit_sen

In the zone
You can use an original Mac CD to install it on your PC, as it will fail to install. Mac OS (8, 9 , X) are all coded to run only on Apple Hardware. However, if you get your hands on OSx86, which is Mac OS X (10.4.x), with a hacked kernel so that it can run on PC's, then you can install it on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom