RTX 3070- Gigabyte Gaming OC or AOURUS Or ROG STRIX ASUS

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Hello everyone,
I have been using my R9 290 which I plan to replace within next week. I have currently i5 9600K Procy and Gigabyte 370 Gaming Rev2 Mobo.
Out of 3080 and 3070 I think 3070 would be in my budget since the Founder edition 3080 would be higher than OC 3070 Rtx.

I need suggestion on what should I do
  1. Should I go for 3080 RTX Founder edition?
  2. Should I get RTX 3070 -Gigabyte Gaming OC or AOURUS Or ROG STRIX ASUS -- Which one?
I plan to change my monitor to a 140Hz one very soon as well.

Please Advice.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Get the one with the Custom Cooling. FE cards aren't an issue but a 3070 with better cooling will be better in the long run with your setup

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
This Reddit post might help which rounds up all the comparison charts from tech power up website.

RTX 3070 AIB Comparison

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
This Reddit post might help which rounds up all the comparison charts from tech power up website.

RTX 3070 AIB Comparison
Get the one with the Custom Cooling. FE cards aren't an issue but a 3070 with better cooling will be better in the long run with your setup

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

If the Asus or Gigabyte OC 3070 pricing is almost same with 3080 FE card then why shouldnt i buy 3080 FE ?

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Refer this comparison chart of 3080 also.
I am not familiar with this but general guideline is to check
  • if PSU can handle the power
  • monitor to utilize the GPU
  • and have enough enough cooling prowess to cool your GPU
I would suggest to watch some Youtube review and benchmark videos and also compare your hardware with benchmark setup and then decide which one to chose. I would suggest to go for 3080 if you can keep your ovreall temps down.

setanjan123

In the zone
If you are considering FE cards why not consider 3070 FE. It's significantly cheaper than any AIB card. Premium AIB cards are made well but the performance difference between a 3080 and 3070 is significant so no point in paying 3080 FE prices for a 3070. Also make sure you have a good PSU and your CPU can keep up.

Top Bottom