Router with multiple internet connection

KH_Global

Broken In
Is there any router with multiple internet connection? The purpose is to have uninterrupted internet connection. I have one DHCP and STATIC connection.

Any suggestions on how to have uninterrupted connection.

Thanks,

Robert

khmadhu

change is constant!!
if u r thinking of wifi router.. them most of the companies wont support this..
other Ethernet routers are available but too costly for home use..

u can do one thing.

u can connect one connection to a computer and then enable ICS and share internet..

and another u can connect it to wifi router.. and u can share wireless.

or if u r familiar with router firmware u can install dd-wrt or tomato firmware.

rkneo11

Broken In
Multi-Homing Broadband Routers
The most direct method for utilizing two high-speed Internet connections on a home network is to install a router specifically designed for this purpose. Multi-homing routers feature two or more WAN interfaces for Internet links. They handle both the fail-over and load balancing aspects of connection sharing automatically.

However, these high-end products are designed for use by businesses rather than homeowners and therefore can be complicated to set up. Due to the inherent overhead involved in managing such connections, these products may not perform as well as hoped. They are also significantly more expensive than mainstream home network routers.

OP
K

KH_Global

Broken In
Thanks for your ideas and suggestions. I think there are dual port WAN routers are available. Will that work for me.

I know it is costly, but worth saving time instead of configuring everytime when one goes down.

The time wasted in configuration from DHCP to Static is 10 - 15 minutes. If you add up these time, I am losing productivity too.

Could you recommend which is the best 2 port WAN router considering the latest technology in mind.

Thanks
Robert

Top Bottom