Willing to buy old/new device ? = New only, pref via online flipkart/amazon
Feature Request -
  • USB Port
  • 2.4 Ghz and preferably 5 Ghz.
  • DD-WRT or other latest custom Firmware support

Usage : Video streaming/Gaming/wifi usage on Lap,droid/

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I too had your exact same requirement but after researching a lot on the topic, I settled for a secondary system that does NAS and downloading for me instead of a router.
Most routers will download at a very slow rate (transmission using ddwrt).
Can I instead suggest you get a raspberry pi and use a regular router with 5 ghz band enabled, (and preferably AC with Gigabit support).

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
I too had your exact same requirement but after researching a lot on the topic, I settled for a secondary system that does NAS and downloading for me instead of a router.
Most routers will download at a very slow rate (transmission using ddwrt).
Can I instead suggest you get a raspberry pi and use a regular router with 5 ghz band enabled, (and preferably AC with Gigabit support).

Thank you for quick reply,

Already have RP2 with transmission , Is there any router with or w/o USB support but having Custom firmware support and 5 Ghz band ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt you can get a latest hardware version model below 3k with 5GHz band & custom firmware support(why exactly you need it). Check below links & match against available models in FK/Amazon.Do note hardware version as a device may be supported for older hardware version but the newest one available on shopping sites may not be supported(usually true most of the time especially with tplink as they are moving towards a closed source hardware/software ecosystem).
Supported Devices - DD-WRT Wiki
OpenWrt Project: Table of Hardware: Ideal for OpenWrt

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*www.amazon.in/D-Link-DIR-825-Dual-...pID=31DZEKpdMiL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

This seems to support DD-WRT. Check versions before getting

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^This specific model is not available on D-Link India website.
D-Link - Search

It is available on D-Link Russia site though.I doubt if it even gets "official warranty support" in India.
D-Link DIR-825/AC

Top Bottom