Rockstar wants to make another Bully game

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
News: Rockstar's Dan Houser 'wants to make another Bully game' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Rockstar's Dan Houser 'wants to make another Bully game'
But potential sequel wouldn't be in GTA mould, says Houser

Rockstar Games co-founder and vice president of creativity Dan Houser has said he wants to make another Bully game.

"I know I want to," he said of returning to the series during an interview with Polygon. "Well, hopefully, you never know."

Houser said there are "a lot of directions" Rockstar could take with another game in the series, but that any sequel wouldn't star an adult version of protagonist Jimmy Hopkins cast in the Grand Theft Auto character mould.

"I never saw him as being that level of degenerate," Houser said. "I saw him as a bad teen, because he comes from a tough home, who could go either direction. He's not going to be a carjacker. He's too white collar for that already. He's at a **** private school, but he's going to end up being really happy because he's at the worst bit of his life, or being a sort of messed up white collar doofus.

"He was an unpleasant soul, but he had a heart. To some extent you could say the same was true of [Grand Theft Auto 4's] Niko in a bizarre way. But [Jimmy's] not trying to burn down the school, he's more trying to stand up to injustice."

An open-world action adventure game set in a boarding school, Bully was released in 2006 on PS2 and later ported to Wii, Xbox 360 and PC as Bully: Scholarship Edition. It received positive reviews and is well remembered by fans.

Rockstar parent company Take-Two filed a new Bully trademark in July.

Top Bottom