Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Backup game files will take backup of installer files/setup too?
There's no installer. You can backup the folder where the steam have installed the games too, and restore it in the same location on a new PC/reinstall of steam and the game will work.
But the inbuilt steam backup feature is a better way to take backup of games since then you can restore to any other location too. Once steam restores the game, it becomes playable instantly (unless the game company pushes another updates, but it's usually small).

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Backup game files will take backup of installer files/setup too?
I dont know about that but once your installed files are backed up with Steam. You never need to install that game again. Just install the steam, restore the backup and play from where you left the game. I keep all my games and Steam in other, say, D:/ , with that i can format my C:/ without the fear of fear of losing my game progress.

avanildutta

Journeyman
Miss you bro @Vyom.. Been so long no 480, gforce and zoom.. Pretty soon will fly together.. From gold to silver...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Miss you bro @Vyom.. Been so long no 480, gforce and zoom.. Pretty soon will fly together.. From gold to silver...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Lol. My pc went berserk since few weeks. Just got it fixed today. You are welcome to travel from gold to silver together.. Anytime :D

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Now that Rocket League is free, may be we will get more people joining the game, so I am posting this trailer to lure them.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Welcome to the TDF RL team!
Thx! The mechanics of this game are surprisingly deep and gameplay very pleasant, the thing I like the most is the 5 minute short intense games. The UI could use a overhaul though, as it reveals how old the game really is.
We should make a new thread as it's the end of the "original RL"
You could, but would there be enough new players, esp. in this TDF, to warrant that?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Thx! The mechanics of this game are surprisingly deep and gameplay very pleasant, the thing I like the most is the 5 minute short intense games. The UI could use a overhaul though, as it reveals how old the game really is.

You could, but would there be enough new players, esp. in this TDF, to warrant that?

UI was way better last month. Its their "new" and "refreshed" UI.

Æsoteric Positron

Oh man... a lot happened since I last post in this thread!
Epic bought Psyonix.
Linux support dropped.
Required Epic login to play the game, "making to accept TnC without even showing them"... ( )
I think it's safe to say, for me, RL is over.
Well, for me, ToS did came up, but I didn't read them before scrolling down and accepting. Also weirdly no definite tutorial came up for me. I just went to training and tutorial for that, though Iwas made to play a practice map before starting with multiplayer.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Epic bought Psyonix.
Linux support dropped.
Required Epic login to play the game, "making to accept TnC without even showing them"... ( )
This is very sad. I remember how you helped and were very patient with me when I joined TDF RL. Thanks a lot for that!
May be you can return for casual games.

Æsoteric Positron

I think I had focused on the reddit post instead of the actual message.
It should be "my" instead of "I" :p
Epic bought Psyonix.
Oh, now the move to EGS make TON more sense, though I don't think epic is giving appropriate focus to RL. It seems they bought 'em just to make it EGS elusive!?

Linux support dropped.
This is real BS though.
Required Epic login to play the game, "making to accept TnC without even showing them"...
Epic:
a47dwuk72gm51.jpg
though latter issue may just be an early update issue or fluke, since I had to scroll through ToS.
....( reddit post )
From next time consider enclosing such big reddit post links in spoilers like this : its too distracting lol.
Sad. :(

Top Bottom